|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8, 9, and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Hornblower captures the French gunboat in the battle at Le Havre?
(a) He trips over a loose board and drops his sword.
(b) He goes back to the Porta Coeli.
(c) He stays on the French gunboat and waits to see what happens.
(d) He leads his men over to the Flame.
2. What is the universal signal to show that there is a Captain in a boat?
(a) Holding up four fingers.
(b) Givinig a wolf whistle.
(c) Waving with the left hand and then saluting.
(d) Making a fist and touching the forehead.
3. What types of weapons does Hornblower carry into combat?
(a) A dagger in his boot and a sword.
(b) Two pistols.
(c) Two pistols and a sword.
(d) Just a sword.
4. What does Lord St. Vincent tell Hornblower?
(a) Napoleon is on the move with his army.
(b) Hornblower has to stay on land for another month.
(c) His best friend dies.
(d) Mutineers sends a letter to the Admiralty making demands.
5. Why is Hornblower's assignment regarding the Flame particularly difficult?
(a) There are a lot of privateers operating nearby.
(b) Spanish privateers are closing in.
(c) The ship is difficult to find as only the general location is known.
(d) The ship needs to be captured by subterfuge or negotiation and not force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens if a ship like Porta Coeli captures an enemy ship?
2. Who meets Hornblower and identifies himself as Captain of the Flame?
3. What does the success of Hornblower's plan the Porta Coeli masquerade mean?
4. How does Hornblower feel about Sweet's death?
5. Where is the Flame when Hornblower sets out to meet her?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)