|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the captain of His Majesty's Flame?
(a) Lieutenant Freeman.
(b) Captain Horatio Hornblower.
(c) Captain Bush.
(d) Lieutenant Chadwick.
2. What is Horatio Hornblower's rank?
3. On the Porta Coeli traveling to meet the Flame, why is Hornblower unhappy with the storm?
(a) One of the topsails rips due to the wind.
(b) The ship has to travel leeward, opposite to the direction of the Flame.
(c) The storm is preventing him from walking on deck.
(d) The ship is riding with the wind and gets there too quickly.
4. What else does Hornblower do to make his plan with the Porta Coeli masquerade work?
(a) Nothing, they are good to go.
(b) Get Lieutenant Freeman's agreement.
(c) Paint over the name of the ship.
(d) Have the crew clean up the ship.
5. How does the Porta Coeli crew feel about Hornblower?
(a) They have no idea who he is.
(b) They think he's too full of himself.
(c) They are in awe of him.
(d) They all hate him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornblower's wife make for him?
2. What happens as the Porta Coeli sights the Flame?
3. Who teaches Hornblower the technique of long splicing?
4. How does Hornblower feel about Sweet's death?
5. What does Nathaniel Sweet show Hornblower that surprises him?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)