|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens if a ship like Porta Coeli captures an enemy ship?
(a) The crew gets one hour to do as they like on the enemy ship.
(b) The enemy ship is set on fire and sunk.
(c) The officers automatically get a promotion.
(d) The officers and crew split the prize money from the sale and refit of the ship.
2. What is the universal signal to show that there is a Captain in a boat?
(a) Givinig a wolf whistle.
(b) Waving with the left hand and then saluting.
(c) Making a fist and touching the forehead.
(d) Holding up four fingers.
3. Who promises the mutineers immunity and a pension for every man from the age of sixty?
(a) The citizens of Le Havre.
(b) Marie Therese, Empress, Queen and Regent.
(c) The Admiralty.
4. How does the Porta Coeli crew feel about Hornblower?
(a) They think he's too full of himself.
(b) They are in awe of him.
(c) They all hate him.
(d) They have no idea who he is.
5. What happens as the Porta Coeli sights the Flame?
(a) Hornblower gives orders to fire.
(b) The Flame raises sails to meet them.
(c) Another ship appears.
(d) The Flame sends a boat over to negotiate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nathaniel Sweet show Hornblower that surprises him?
2. How does Hornblower get onto the Flame?
3. What is Horatio Hornblower's rank?
4. On the Porta Coeli traveling to meet the Flame, why is Hornblower unhappy with the storm?
5. What does Hornblower have for dinner on the Porta Coeli?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)