|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the crew of the Flame want?
(a) A full pardon and a trial for Lieutenant Chadwick.
(b) A fair share of the prize money taken by their sister ship, the Porta Coeli.
(c) Shore leave as they are on the ship for over a year.
(d) A commendation for their Captain for services above and beyond.
2. What does Hornblower suffer from that he finds embarrassing?
(a) Fear of heights.
(b) Fear of lightning.
(c) Ear infections.
3. What other honor is Hornblower awarded?
(a) A purse and a personal letter of thanks from the Prince.
(b) Knight of the Most Honorable Order of the Bath.
(c) The keys to the city of Bath.
(d) A baronetcy and a small property in Yorkshire.
4. What does Lord St. Vincent tell Hornblower?
(a) Napoleon is on the move with his army.
(b) His best friend dies.
(c) Mutineers sends a letter to the Admiralty making demands.
(d) Hornblower has to stay on land for another month.
5. Who teaches Hornblower the technique of long splicing?
(a) Lieutanent Chadwick.
(b) His servant, Brown.
(c) Captain Sawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hornblower afraid of happening on the Flame?
2. What type of ship is a French West Indiaman?
3. Where is the Flame when Hornblower sets out to meet her?
4. What type of ship is the Flame?
5. Who acts as Hornblower's servant on board the Porta Coeli?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)