|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Hornblower learn long splicing?
(a) As a midshipmen.
(b) He never learns.
(c) Just recently while he is convalescing.
(d) Before he boards his first ship.
2. Who is the captain of His Majesty's Flame?
(a) Captain Bush.
(b) Captain Horatio Hornblower.
(c) Lieutenant Freeman.
(d) Lieutenant Chadwick.
3. What type of ship is the Flame?
(a) Eighteen-gun brig.
(b) East Indian merchant ship.
(c) A French gunboat.
(d) Twenty-four gun brig.
4. Where is Hornblower at the beginning of the book?
(a) At Westminster Abbey.
(b) Escorting his wife on a shopping expedition.
(c) Aboard His Majesty's Flame.
(d) At his home in Bath.
5. What is Hornblower afraid of happening on the Flame?
(a) The crew hang Lieutenant Chadwick.
(b) The crew surrenders to the French.
(c) The crew delibrately sink the ship.
(d) The crew set fire to the Flame.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who promises the mutineers immunity and a pension for every man from the age of sixty?
2. On the Porta Coeli traveling to meet the Flame, why is Hornblower unhappy with the storm?
3. Why does Lord St. Vincent leave the church service?
4. Where is the Flame when Hornblower sets out to meet her?
5. What is Horatio Hornblower's rank?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)