|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hornblower know the captain of the Porta Coeli?
(a) They do not know each other.
(b) He serves under Hornblower.
(c) Their wives are friends.
(d) They are schoolmates.
2. What does Hornblower suffer from that he finds embarrassing?
(b) Fear of lightning.
(c) Ear infections.
(d) Fear of heights.
3. What does Lord St. Vincent tell Hornblower?
(a) His best friend dies.
(b) Napoleon is on the move with his army.
(c) Mutineers sends a letter to the Admiralty making demands.
(d) Hornblower has to stay on land for another month.
4. Who meets Hornblower and identifies himself as Captain of the Flame?
(a) A midshipman.
(b) No one meets Hornblower.
(c) Lieutenant Chadwick.
(d) Nathaniel Sweet.
5. What is Hornblower afraid of happening on the Flame?
(a) The crew set fire to the Flame.
(b) The crew hang Lieutenant Chadwick.
(c) The crew surrenders to the French.
(d) The crew delibrately sink the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hornblower ordered to do with the ship His Majesty's Flame?
2. How does the Porta Coeli crew feel about Hornblower?
3. What is unique about Lord St. Vincent's instructions to Hornblower?
4. Who teaches Hornblower the technique of long splicing?
5. What does Hornblower think of the Flame's crew and their demands?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)