|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11, 12, and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lebrun tell Hornblower about the latest imperial dispatches from Paris?
(a) The war is over.
(b) Conscription is mandated for all.
(c) Napoleon wins a crucial battle in Leipzig.
(d) Taxes is repealed.
2. Who is the captain of Porta Coeli?
(a) Lord St. Vincent.
(b) Lieutenant Chadwick.
(c) Lieutenant Freeman.
(d) Captain Bush.
3. Who brings news that England is sending a VIP?
(b) A Midshipman from the Admiralty.
(c) An older officer by the name of Haus.
(d) Baron Momas.
4. What types of weapons does Hornblower carry into combat?
(a) A dagger in his boot and a sword.
(b) Just a sword.
(c) Two pistols and a sword.
(d) Two pistols.
5. What does some of the Flame mutineers say to Hornblower after the battle at Le Havre?
(a) They apologize for surrendering to the French.
(b) They want Hornblower to know they fight against the French.
(c) They hide rather than face Hornblower.
(d) They would rather die than go back to England.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hornblower angry at the Duke d'Angoulême?
2. What does Hornblower think of the Napoleonic War?
3. Where does Hornblower go first with his royal guest?
4. What is one of the last things LeBrun does before he is captured?
5. Where is Hornblower at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)