|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11, 12, and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the French gunboat that Hornblower boards in the fight at Le Havre?
(b) Bonne Chance.
(c) Bonne Celestine.
2. What does Hornblower plan to do with the Porta Coeli, after he comes back from meeting with the mutineers?
(a) Sail into Le Havre on a flag of truce to negotiate with the French.
(b) Sail back to report his failure.
(c) Have the Porta Coeli masquerade as the Flame and capture the French East Indian ship.
(d) Ram the Flame as soon as he gets the men ready.
3. Who teaches Hornblower the technique of long splicing?
(a) Lieutanent Chadwick.
(b) Captain Sawyer.
(c) His servant, Brown.
4. What do the crew of the Flame say in the letter they send to the Admiralty?
(a) They want shore leave.
(b) They are flogged and starved on Lieutenant Chadwick's orders.
(c) Lieutenant Chadwick is selling secrets to the French.
(d) They are tired of the blockade and want to go home.
5. Who is the captain of Porta Coeli?
(a) Lieutenant Freeman.
(b) Captain Bush.
(c) Lieutenant Chadwick.
(d) Lord St. Vincent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hornblower angry at the Duke d'Angoulême?
2. When does Hornblower learn long splicing?
3. Why is Hornblower talking to Lebrun in chapter eight?
4. Who brings news that England is sending a VIP?
5. What does Hornblower think of the Napoleonic War?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)