|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11, 12, and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hornblower meet while walking on deck with Lieutenant Freeman?
(a) His servant Brown who brings tea.
(b) An old shipmate.
(c) Some of Freeman's officers.
(d) Another passenger.
2. How does Hornblower get onto the Flame?
(a) Freeman lowers a boat and Hornblower is rowed over.
(b) He swims over.
(c) He jumps when the two ships are close enough.
(d) He swings over on a rope when the two ships are close enough.
3. What does the French do when the Flame starts sailing to shore?
(a) Fire the citadel's batteries.
(b) Ignore the ship.
(c) Send gun boats.
(d) Send a welcoming committee of dignitaries.
4. What is unique about Lord St. Vincent's instructions to Hornblower?
(a) Hornblower is essentially given a blank cheque for ransom purposes.
(b) Hornblower is told to administer justice by finding Lieutenant Chadwick guilty of insubordination.
(c) Hornblower is given carte blanche to deal with the mutineers as necessary.
(d) Hornblower is told to destroy the ship immediately.
5. What happens after Hornblower captures the French gunboat in the battle at Le Havre?
(a) He stays on the French gunboat and waits to see what happens.
(b) He goes back to the Porta Coeli.
(c) He trips over a loose board and drops his sword.
(d) He leads his men over to the Flame.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Hornblower the technique of long splicing?
2. What does Hornblower end up doing about the mutineers?
3. Why is Hornblower particularly upset with the news about Captain Bush?
4. How does Chadwick react to his orders from Hornblower?
5. Who is the Mayor of Le Havre?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)