|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11, 12, and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lebrun want for helping Hornblower?
(a) An introduction to the Duke of Wellington.
(b) A share of the merchant ship prize.
(c) He wants Hornblower to make him Mayor of Le Havre.
(d) Credit for setting up the deal.
2. Who is among the reinforcements that Admiral Pellew sends?
(a) An American spy.
(b) Captain Bush.
(c) Admiral Pellew.
(d) Lieutenant Chadwick.
3. What does Hornblower read in the newspaper from England?
(a) An account of his actions with the Flame.
(b) Lieutenant Chadwick is exiled to Jamaica.
(c) Napoleon is assembling troops to attack Leipzig.
(d) A gossip column piece, insinuating his wife is having an affair.
4. What does Hornblower plan to do about Napoleon's show of force?
(a) Send for reinforcements from England.
(b) Fortify the town for a long siege.
(c) Send Lebrun over to negotiate.
(d) Have soldiers board barges to attack the French.
5. How does the Porta Coeli crew feel about Hornblower?
(a) They have no idea who he is.
(b) They think he's too full of himself.
(c) They all hate him.
(d) They are in awe of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lebrun tell Hornblower about the latest imperial dispatches from Paris?
2. Where does the attack force go to meet Napoleon's troops?
3. Why is Hornblower particularly upset with the news about Captain Bush?
4. What else does Admiral Pellow send as reinforcements?
5. How does Hornblower bathe while on board ship?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)