|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of presentations does Sheryl Sandberg say she banned at Facebook meetings in Chapter 6: “Seek and Speak Your Truth”?
2. The author points out a study in Chapter 8: “Make Your Partner a Real Partner” that showed “that wives who engage in gatekeeping behaviors do” how many more hours of “family work per week than wives who take a more collaborative approach”?
3. For how many years does Sheryl Sandberg say her mother taught full-time after raising her children in Chapter 11: “Working Together Toward Equality”?
4. What CEO of Vodafone told the Sheryl Sandberg that he showed her TEDTalk to his senior management team, according to the author in Chapter 10: “Let’s Start Talking About It”?
5. According to the author in Chapter 8: “Make Your Partner a Real Partner,” how many states in the U.S. provide any income replacement for the care of a new baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sharon Proczter say of “having it all” in Chapter 9: “The Myth of Doing It All”?
2. How is Marissa Mayer used as an example of gender bias between women in Chapter 11: “Working Together Toward Equality”?
3. What does the author write of Tina Fey in Chapter 9: “The Myth of Doing It All”?
4. What quote does the author cite from Gloria Steinem in the beginning of Chapter 10: “Let’s Start Talking About It”?
5. How did Sheryl Sandberg respond when she was belittled upon meeting an admired politician in Chapter 10: “Let’s Start Talking About It”?
6. What is one example of the dangers of blindly following leaders that Sandberg describes in Chapter 6: “Seek and Speak Your Truth”?
7. What is the first step to moving forward past gender bias in the workplace, according to the author in Chapter 11: “Working Together Toward Equality”?
8. Who is credited as approaching the gender gap well in his business dealings in Chapter 10: “Let’s Start Talking About It”?
9. Who does the author praise for embracing emotion in the workplace in Chapter 6: “Seek and Speak Your Truth”?
10. In what context does the author discuss Sabeen Virani in Chapter 10: “Let’s Start Talking About It”? Why did Sabeen Virani contact the author?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sheryl Sandberg asserts that women, more than men, struggle with candor, forthrightness, and honesty in the workplace. What are examples of the ways that honesty can hurt women in the corporate world? How is this different than the reactions to male honesty? How can one overcome these backlashes from the situation?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the statistics presented in the Introduction of women in the contemporary workplace. How many women are in the U.S. workforce today? Of these, how many women are the sole bread earners for their families? How have these statistics changed in the past century?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the laws and regulations that are currently in place to address wage inequality between the sexes. Why is it so difficult to address this issue legally? What can be done by workers in the workplace when they realize there is bias in compensation and/or benefits?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)