|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the dean of Weill Cornell Medical College that the author cites in Chapter 9: “The Myth of Doing It All” as having said that the key for her in pursuing her career while raising children was learning where to focus her attention?
(a) Dr. Laurie Glimcher.
(b) Marlo Thomas.
(c) Virginia Rometty.
(d) Dr. Peggy McIntosh.
2. In Chapter 8: “Make Your Partner a Real Partner,” the author cites a 2009 study which found that what percentage of people “in dual-earner marriages said that they shared housework, child care, and breadwinning evenly”?
3. The author states in Chapter 8: “Make Your Partner a Real Partner,” “According to the most recent analysis, when a husband and wife both are employed full-time, the mother does” what percent more child care than the father?
(a) 40% more.
(b) 30% more.
(c) 60% more.
(d) 20% more.
4. In Chapter 6: “Seek and Speak Your Truth,” Sandberg notes that at Facebook, a company-wide Q&A is held when?
(a) Every two weeks.
(b) On the first day of every month.
(c) Every Friday.
(d) Every other month.
5. What author does Sandberg quote in Chapter 10: “Let’s Start Talking About It” as having said, “Whoever has power takes over the noun—and the norm—while the less powerful get an adjective”?
(a) Tennessee Williams.
(b) Emily White.
(c) Justin Osofsky.
(d) Gloria Steinem.
6. What nonprofit to prevent noise-induced hearing loss in young people did Sheryl Sandberg’s mother found?
(a) Ear Peace: Save Your Hearing.
(b) Noise Pollution: Make it Stop.
(c) Piercing Noise: Stop.
(d) High Frequency: End of Deafness.
7. What does Sheryl Sandberg say is the first step to correcting a problem in Chapter 6: “Seek and Speak Your Truth”?Being aware of the problem.
(a) Being aware of the problem.
(b) Asking for help.
(c) Developing a focus group.
8. According to the author in Chapter 7: “Don’t Leave Before You Leave,” what percentage of mothers whose husband’s earnings landed in the top 5% were out of the labor force in 2006?
9. According to the author in Chapter 7: “Don’t Leave Before You Leave,” what percentage of “highly qualified women with children are leaving careers, or ‘off-ramping,’ for a period of time” as a result of parenthood?
10. Who is the founder of LinkedIn?
(a) Mary Sue Coleman.
(b) Reid Hoffman.
(c) Caroline O’Connor.
(d) Pattie Sellers.
11. The author states in Chapter 8: “Make Your Partner a Real Partner” that currently fathers make up less than what percentage of parents who work full-time inside the home?
(a) Less than 10%.
(b) Less than 1%.
(c) Less than 2 %.
(d) Less than 4%.
12. After a year or more of commuting between L.A. and the Bay Area, Sheryl Sandberg’s husband eventually left Yahoo and took a position as the CEO of what company, according to the author in Chapter 8: “Make Your Partner a Real Partner”?
13. What CEO of Vodafone told the Sheryl Sandberg that he showed her TEDTalk to his senior management team, according to the author in Chapter 10: “Let’s Start Talking About It”?
(a) Vittorio Colao.
(b) Cameron Anderson.
(c) Frank Flynn.
(d) Leymah Gbowee.
14. Who is the professor of economics at Cornell that the author cites in Chapter 9: “The Myth of Doing It All” as saying, “The antiquated rhetoric of ‘having it all’ disregards the basis of every economic relationship: the idea of trade-offs”?
(a) Erin Burnett.
(b) Gloria Steinem.
(c) Sharon Proczter.
(d) Rosabeth Moss Kanter.
15. In what year did Sheryl Sandberg give a TED speech titled "Why we have too few women leaders”?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of Cinderella Ate My Daughter?
2. For how many years does Sheryl Sandberg say her mother taught full-time after raising her children in Chapter 11: “Working Together Toward Equality”?
3. In what year was Geraldine Ferraro chosen as the first female vice presidential candidate representing a major American political party?
4. What percentage of U.S. working wives now out-earn their husbands, according to the author in Chapter 8: “Make Your Partner a Real Partner”?
5. The author states in Chapter 7: “Don’t Leave Before You Leave,” that a “survey of the Princeton class of 1975 found that 54 percent of the women foresaw work-family conflict compared to 26 percent of the men. The same survey of the Princeton class of 2006 found that” what percentage of the women anticipated work-family conflict?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)