|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What media mogul does the author cite in Chapter 5: “Are You My Mentor?” as having said, “I mentor when I see something and say, ‘I want to see that grow’”?
(a) Sarah Palin.
(b) Virginia Rometty.
(c) Oprah Winfrey.
(d) Shankar Vedantam.
2. What children’s clothing company is described in Chapter 1: “The Leadership Ambition Gap” as having once sold onesies for boys that said “Smart like Daddy” and onesies for girls that said “Pretty like Mommy”?
(c) Tea Collection.
(d) Toddlers & Tots.
3. Who is the author of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People?
(a) Emily White.
(b) Clara Shih.
(c) Lant Pritchett.
(d) Stephen R. Covey.
4. For how long does the author say she worked for Google in Chapter 2: “Sit at the Table”?
(a) 6 and ½ years.
(b) 2 and ½ years.
(c) 3 and ½ years.
(d) 1 and ½ years.
5. The author cites a 2012 Pew study in Chapter 1: “The Leadership Ambition Gap” which found that among young people ages 18-34, what percentage of women rated “success in a high-paying career or profession” as important to their lives?
Short Answer Questions
1. What journalist once catalogued the derogatory descriptions of some of the first female world leaders, noting that “England’s Margaret Thatcher” was called “Attila the Hen,” according to the author in Chapter 3: “Success and Likeability”?
2. The author states in Chapter 3: “Success and Likeability,” “A study that looked at the starting salaries of students graduating with a master’s degree from Carnegie Mellon University found that” what percentage of men tried to negotiate for a higher offer?
3. Who is the chief technology officer of Cisco that the author cites in Chapter 2: “Sit at the Table” from an article in The Huffington Post?
4. What was the author voted as by her senior class, according to the narrative in Chapter 3: “Success and Likeability”?
5. What was Ray Kelly’s position at the time that Sheryl Sandberg began serving as chief of staff for the Treasury?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)