|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group raids Britain in the fifth century?
2. The author of How the Irish Saved Civilization vows to give hearing to all "without ______."
3. What is reported to be alive in American universities?
(a) The mystery meat.
(b) Nasty stereotypes against Catholics.
(c) Nasty stereotypes against Protestants.
(d) Nasty stereotypes against the Irish.
4. With whom does the author hint he sides?
(a) The lions.
(b) The lambs.
(c) The men.
(d) The mice.
5. Who was Charles Kingsley?
(a) A professor.
(b) A historian.
(c) An evangelist.
(d) A politician.
Short Answer Questions
1. Romans think the army bespeaks __________.
2. After Rome is conquered, which Italian city temporarily became the capital?
3. What is Tain Bo Cuailnge?
4. Without Ireland, neither __________ nor ____________ would have occurred.
5. What was the effect of this battle on Cuchulainn, his helper, and his horse, according to the legend?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the Roman Empire continues to decline, what is the concept of "what is being done" replaced by?
2. Why has the story of Ireland's re-education of Europe gone untold, according to the author?
3. In the Irish epic Tain Bo Cuailnge, what was the subject of Queen Medb's and King Ailil's debate?
4. What do Celtic warriors wear into battle?
5. Who does the author say have controlled what is said about the Irish Catholic past and overlooked Ireland's contributions to civilization?
6. What is the purpose of the "White Martyrs" who were trained by evangelists in Ireland?
7. What regions did the Celts conquer between 600 and 400 B.C.E.?
8. Who is the most dominating character in Tain Bo Cuailnge?
9. Why has Ireland's contributions to civilization been overlooked?
10. What would cause a tax collector to seek a loan from a lord, and what would cause the collector to default?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)