|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is nicknamed the "Irish Catholic Martin Luther King?"
(a) St. Patrick.
(b) Daniel O'Connell.
(d) Michael Flatley.
2. What vitally important Irish virtue is NOT named on the "Irish Catholic Martin Luther King's" tombstone?
3. In what year is Rome overtaken?
(a) 410 C.E.
(b) 410 B.C.E.
(c) 476 B.C.E.
(d) 476 C.E.
4. What does Tain Bo Cuailnge mean in English?
(a) The City of God.
(b) The Cattle Raid of Cooley.
(c) The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire.
(d) How the Irish Saved Civilization.
5. What is the name of the barbarian who besieges Rome?
(c) Genghis Khan.
6. In which book did St. Augustine blame paganism for Rome's troubles with barbarians?
(a) The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire.
(b) The City of God.
(d) How The Irish Saved Civilization.
7. What Greek statue shows how Celtic warriors dressed for battle?
(a) Cuchulainn the Mighty.
(b) Dying Celt.
(d) Dying Gaul.
8. What nationality was Disraeli?
9. What organization has its beginnings during the fall of the Roman empire?
10. When the barbarians invade Rome, how many people die?
(a) 20,000 men, women, and children.
(b) 20,000 women, not counting men and children.
(c) 20,000 children, not counting men and women.
(d) 20,000 men, not counting women and children.
11. What is the only Celtic nation-state in the world?
12. What book moves young Augustine to tears?
13. Who, according to Tain Bo Cuailnge, teaches Cuchulainn to fight?
(a) His father.
(b) Three women.
(c) The goddess Danu herself.
(d) Queen Medb.
14. How does How the Irish Saved Civilization describe the Irish?
(a) Protestant Anglo-Saxons.
(b) Celtic Protestants.
(c) Anglo-Saxon Catholics.
(d) Celtic Catholics.
15. What practice that, in our society is illegal, exists and is considered acceptable in pre-Christian Ireland?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the deal between Queen Medb and the bull's owner fall through?
2. What did Petrarch blame for the Roman Empire's fall?
3. What is the first religion with which Augustine experiments?
4. Who wrote of "white chimpanzees" dying of hunger?
5. These people loot Europe and burn books.
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)