Short Essay Answer Key
1. What is the purpose of the "White Martyrs" who were trained by evangelists in Ireland?
The purpose of the "White Martyrs" is to reintroduce to medieval Europe eleven centuries of culture that fell along with the Roman Imperium.
2. If these White Martyrs had not existed, what major advances in civilization would not have occurred?
The Renaissance and the Enlightenment would never have occurred if the White Martyrs has not existed.
3. What are the Irish doing during the time the barbarians are conquering Europe?
The Irish are learning to read, write, and copy anything they can get their hands on.
4. What is the Irish transmission back to Europe of its Greco-Roman and Judaeo-Christian heritage called?
This transmission of Europe's heritage was called the "Service of the Scribes."
5. Why has the story of Ireland's re-education of Europe gone untold, according to the author?...
This section contains 1,928 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)