|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One thing that all heroes in ancient Irish literature have in common is that they fall prey to some "geis." What does the word "geis" mean in English?
2. Who is Cernunnos?
(a) Lord of the Animals.
(b) King of Limerick.
(c) Lord of the Fishes.
(d) Lindow Man.
3. Romans think the army bespeaks __________.
4. Where is the monastery that Columcille founded located?
5. What do the Irish gods that Patrick does not eliminate become?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are two artifacts that represent the Irish transition from paganism to Christianity?
2. In what century does How the Irish Saved Civilization begin?
3. What nationality is the young man who is enslaved as a shepherd by the Irish in 401 C.E.?
4. What city is the capital of Roman Africa?
5. Ireland is the only place that Christianity is introduced without:
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)