|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Irish believe that "the one thing the devil cannot bear is _____________."
2. What language does Patricius speak at home?
3. Who blamed the Christian virtues that softened Rome for its fall?
(a) Emperor Valentinian.
(b) Edward Gibbons.
(d) Charles Kingsley.
4. What is Tain Bo Cuailnge?
(a) A Roman poetry epic.
(b) An Irish poetry epic.
(c) An Irish prose epic.
(d) A Roman prose epic.
5. How old is Patricius when he is kidnapped?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT true about the great Irish prayer known both as "Saint Patrick's Breastplate" and as "The Deer's Cry"?
2. What did Tolland Man, Grauballe Man, Borremose Man, and Lindow Man all have in common?
3. In which book did St. Augustine blame paganism for Rome's troubles with barbarians?
4. These people loot Europe and burn books.
5. What nickname is given to the people who reintroduced culture to medieval Europe?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)