|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the barbarian who besieges Rome?
(d) Genghis Khan.
2. When Augustine founds his semi-monastic community in Milan, what is its goal?
(a) Attaining truth through Plato and his commentators.
(b) Educating the barbarians.
(c) Restoring the Roman empire.
(d) Attaining world peace.
3. Which European class do the barbarians destroy?
4. Which group raids Britain in the fifth century?
5. What practice that, in our society is illegal, exists and is considered acceptable in pre-Christian Ireland?
Short Answer Questions
1. Machiavelli _________ blamed the barbarians for Rome's fall.
2. The author of How the Irish Saved Civilization vows to give hearing to all "without ______."
3. What is the setting of Tain Bo Cuailnge?
4. At the time of his capture, what is the name of the young man enslaved as a shepherd by the Irish in 401 C.E.?
5. According to Ireland's foundation myth, the sons of Mil reached Ireland from Spain and took Ireland from the "People of the Goddess _________."
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)