|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote of "white chimpanzees" dying of hunger?
(a) Benjamin Disraeli.
(b) Charles Kingsley.
(c) Thomas Cahill.
(d) Anthony Grafton.
2. Whose student is Plato?
3. Romans think the army bespeaks __________.
4. Which prophecy refers to the Roman Empire's total lifespan?
(a) The Prophecy of Romulus and Remus.
(b) The Prophecy of Apollo.
(c) The Prophecy of the Twelve Eagles.
(d) The Prophecy of Rome.
5. What position is Ausonius given in the year 379 A.D.?
Short Answer Questions
1. To which poets is Ausonius of Bordeaux compared?
2. In what century does How the Irish Saved Civilization begin?
3. In what year is Rome overtaken?
4. What Greek statue shows how Celtic warriors dressed for battle?
5. Who blamed the Christian virtues that softened Rome for its fall?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)