|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which class and nationality of people considered the Irish "incapable of civilization?"
(a) Educated Americans.
(b) Uneducated Americans.
(c) Educated Englishmen.
(d) Uneducated Englishmen.
2. Who wrote of "white chimpanzees" dying of hunger?
(a) Thomas Cahill.
(b) Charles Kingsley.
(c) Anthony Grafton.
(d) Benjamin Disraeli.
3. What two genres does Augustine of Hippo's memoir begin?
(a) Autobiography and self-help.
(b) Autobiography and psychological fiction.
(c) Self-help and science fiction.
(d) Biography and historical fiction.
4. Who were the "white chimpanzees?"
(b) People of mixed race.
(c) Albino chimpanzees.
5. What subject does Ausonius teach at the University of Bordeaux?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does the author hint he sides?
2. What nationality is the young man who is enslaved as a shepherd by the Irish in 401 C.E.?
3. What position is Ausonius given in the year 375 A.D.?
4. Whose student is Plato?
5. In which book did St. Augustine blame paganism for Rome's troubles with barbarians?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)