|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two genres does Augustine of Hippo's memoir begin?
(a) Self-help and science fiction.
(b) Autobiography and self-help.
(c) Biography and historical fiction.
(d) Autobiography and psychological fiction.
2. What category of people is this book about?
3. At the time of his capture, what is the name of the young man enslaved as a shepherd by the Irish in 401 C.E.?
4. When Augustine founds his semi-monastic community in Milan, what is its goal?
(a) Attaining truth through Plato and his commentators.
(b) Attaining world peace.
(c) Educating the barbarians.
(d) Restoring the Roman empire.
5. Who is the author of How the Irish Saved Civilization?
(a) Mark Twain.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Thomas Cahill.
(d) Albert Payson Terhune.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book moves young Augustine to tears?
2. Who gave this report about American universities?
3. What is reported to be alive in American universities?
4. Which prophecy refers to the Roman Empire's total lifespan?
5. Which university is historian Anthony Grafton affiliated with?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)