|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which university is historian Anthony Grafton affiliated with?
2. What did Petrarch blame for the Roman Empire's fall?
(a) Its weak military.
(d) Its inner faults.
3. In which book did St. Augustine blame paganism for Rome's troubles with barbarians?
(a) The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire.
(c) How The Irish Saved Civilization.
(d) The City of God.
4. Who was Charles Kingsley?
(a) A professor.
(b) An evangelist.
(c) A historian.
(d) A politician.
5. How does How the Irish Saved Civilization describe the Irish?
(a) Celtic Protestants.
(b) Anglo-Saxon Catholics.
(c) Celtic Catholics.
(d) Protestant Anglo-Saxons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the city of Hippo, where St. Augustine lived?
2. What position is Ausonius given in the year 379 A.D.?
3. In Rome, what occupation was called the "class of worms?"
4. In what era were these "white chimpanzees" written of?
5. How many years after this first encounter did St. Augustine blame paganism for the problems his city was having with barbarians?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)