|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What category of people is this book about?
2. These people loot Europe and burn books.
3. What position is Ausonius given in the year 379 A.D.?
4. In what century does How the Irish Saved Civilization begin?
(a) Eleventh B.C.
(b) Fifth C.E.
(c) Eleventh C.E.
(d) Fifth B.C.
5. Who is the author of How the Irish Saved Civilization?
(a) Thomas Cahill.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Albert Payson Terhune.
(d) Charles Dickens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Machiavelli _________ blamed the barbarians for Rome's fall.
2. What was fifth-century Rome considered?
3. These people preserved Europe's Greco-Roman and Judaeo-Christian heritage.
4. Who is Gratian's co-regent when he succeeds Valentinian in 375 A.D.?
5. What is the modern-day name of the country from which the barbarians that attacked and eventually conquered Rome came?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)