|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the "white chimpanzees?"
(b) Albino chimpanzees.
(c) People of mixed race.
2. These people loot Europe and burn books.
3. Who blamed the Christian virtues that softened Rome for its fall?
(a) Edward Gibbons.
(c) Emperor Valentinian.
(d) Charles Kingsley.
4. In Rome, what occupation was called the "class of worms?"
(a) Tax collectors.
5. How does How the Irish Saved Civilization describe modern English and Americans?
(a) Celtic Protestants.
(b) Celtic Catholics.
(c) Protestant Anglo-Saxons.
(d) Anglo-Saxon Catholics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Petrarch blame for the Roman Empire's fall?
2. What ends Ausonius' career?
3. What position is Ausonius given in the year 379 A.D.?
4. When the barbarians invade Rome, how many people die?
5. The fable of the man and the lion illustrates how who tells a story affects the _____________.
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)