|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject does Ausonius teach at the University of Bordeaux?
2. What ends Ausonius' career?
(a) Gratian's murder.
(b) A plagiarism scandal.
(c) Valentinian I's murder.
(d) Valentinian II's murder.
3. Which two rivers separate barbarians from the Roman Empire?
(a) The Volga and the Rhine.
(b) The Volga and the Thames.
(c) The Rhine and the Danube.
(d) The Danube and the Volga.
4. When the barbarians invade Rome, how many people die?
(a) 20,000 men, not counting women and children.
(b) 20,000 women, not counting men and children.
(c) 20,000 men, women, and children.
(d) 20,000 children, not counting men and women.
5. Who wrote the fable about the man and the lion?
(a) The Brothers Grimm.
(b) John Henry Newman.
(c) Hans Christian Andersen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which prophecy refers to the Roman Empire's total lifespan?
2. What is reported to be alive in American universities?
3. What position is Ausonius given in the year 379 A.D.?
4. Who is Gratian's co-regent when he succeeds Valentinian in 375 A.D.?
5. Where was the city of Hippo, where St. Augustine lived?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)