|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which class and nationality of people considered the Irish "incapable of civilization?"
(a) Uneducated Englishmen.
(b) Educated Americans.
(c) Educated Englishmen.
(d) Uneducated Americans.
2. Machiavelli _________ blamed the barbarians for Rome's fall.
(d) In hindsight.
3. What was fifth-century Rome considered?
(a) A representative republic.
(b) A third-world country.
(c) The most modern society in the known world.
(d) The world's only superpower.
4. What is reported to be alive in American universities?
(a) Nasty stereotypes against Protestants.
(b) The mystery meat.
(c) Nasty stereotypes against Catholics.
(d) Nasty stereotypes against the Irish.
5. What is the name of the barbarian who besieges Rome?
(d) Genghis Khan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which river separated the Roman legions from the barbarian hordes that were attacking them?
2. What position is Ausonius given in the year 379 A.D.?
3. What nationality was Disraeli?
4. These people preserved Europe's Greco-Roman and Judaeo-Christian heritage.
5. Which prophecy refers to the Roman Empire's total lifespan?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)