|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which class and nationality of people considered the Irish "incapable of civilization?"
(a) Educated Americans.
(b) Educated Englishmen.
(c) Uneducated Englishmen.
(d) Uneducated Americans.
2. What subject does Ausonius teach at the University of Bordeaux?
3. To which poets is Ausonius of Bordeaux compared?
(a) Petrarch and Cicero.
(b) Homer and Virgil.
(c) Robert Frost and Virgil.
(d) Virgil and Cicero.
4. These people loot Europe and burn books.
5. What is the name of the barbarian who besieges Rome?
(a) Genghis Khan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote of "white chimpanzees" dying of hunger?
2. In what century does How the Irish Saved Civilization begin?
3. When the barbarians invade Rome, how many people die?
4. Which river separated the Roman legions from the barbarian hordes that were attacking them?
5. Who were the "white chimpanzees?"
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)