|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Patrick find the Irish displaying in their temples, on their palisades, and even hanging on their belts?
(a) The heads of their enemies.
(b) The heads of their livestock.
(c) The heads of birds.
(d) The heads of sea creatures.
2. One well-known Green Martyr was:
(a) Venerable Bede.
(b) St. Jerome.
(c) Kevin of Glendalough.
3. How were stories like Tain Bo Cuailnge transmitted in Ireland prior to the sixth century CE?
(a) Through oral tradition.
(b) Through dance.
(c) Through religion.
(d) Through the written word.
4. What vitally important Irish virtue is NOT named on the "Irish Catholic Martin Luther King's" tombstone?
5. What was Columcille's name before he became a monk?
Short Answer Questions
1. Patrick is "as silent about sex as are the _________________."
2. Which groups plunder Italy in the fifth century?
3. What effect does slavery have on Patricius' faith?
4. After he returns to Britain, what does Patricius feel called by?
5. Where does Patricius go to study for ordination?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)