|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position is Ausonius given in the year 379 A.D.?
2. Why does Ausonius go to Emperor Valentinian's court?
(a) To tutor the emperor's son, Gratian.
(b) To tutor the emperor's son, Augustine.
(c) To tutor the emperor.
(d) To become the emperor's proconsul.
3. Who wrote of "white chimpanzees" dying of hunger?
(a) Charles Kingsley.
(b) Benjamin Disraeli.
(c) Anthony Grafton.
(d) Thomas Cahill.
4. What nationality was Disraeli?
5. On what date does Rome first encounter barbarians?
(a) December 4, 316 C.E.
(b) December 31, 406 C.E.
(c) December 31, 406 B.C.
(d) December 4, 316 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was fifth-century Rome considered?
2. Which prophecy refers to the Roman Empire's total lifespan?
3. What city is the capital of Roman Africa?
4. When the barbarians invade Rome, how many people die?
5. Who wrote the fable about the man and the lion?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)