|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ausonius go to Emperor Valentinian's court?
(a) To tutor the emperor's son, Gratian.
(b) To become the emperor's proconsul.
(c) To tutor the emperor's son, Augustine.
(d) To tutor the emperor.
2. Thanks to the barbarian invasions, the spirit of _________________ as a living entity is irrevocably lost.
(a) Classical civilization.
(b) Hellenistic culture.
(c) The Roman pantheon.
(d) The feudal system.
3. How does How the Irish Saved Civilization describe the Irish?
(a) Celtic Protestants.
(b) Anglo-Saxon Catholics.
(c) Protestant Anglo-Saxons.
(d) Celtic Catholics.
4. Who wrote the fable about the man and the lion?
(a) John Henry Newman.
(b) The Brothers Grimm.
(c) Hans Christian Andersen.
5. What subject does Ausonius teach at the University of Bordeaux?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which groups plunder Italy in the fifth century?
2. These people preserved Europe's Greco-Roman and Judaeo-Christian heritage.
3. Which two rivers separate barbarians from the Roman Empire?
4. After Rome is conquered, which Italian city temporarily became the capital?
5. What nationality was Disraeli?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)