|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the barbarian who besieges Rome?
(c) Genghis Khan.
2. What happens to Augustine after he begins reading the Bible?
(a) He accepts baptism.
(b) He is crucified.
(c) He becomes pope.
(d) He regains his sanity.
3. Why does Ausonius go to Emperor Valentinian's court?
(a) To tutor the emperor.
(b) To become the emperor's proconsul.
(c) To tutor the emperor's son, Augustine.
(d) To tutor the emperor's son, Gratian.
4. Which two rivers separate barbarians from the Roman Empire?
(a) The Volga and the Rhine.
(b) The Danube and the Volga.
(c) The Rhine and the Danube.
(d) The Volga and the Thames.
5. What organization has its beginnings during the fall of the Roman empire?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Petrarch blame for the Roman Empire's fall?
2. Who blamed the Christian virtues that softened Rome for its fall?
3. In what era were these "white chimpanzees" written of?
4. Without Ireland, neither __________ nor ____________ would have occurred.
5. At the time of his capture, what is the name of the young man enslaved as a shepherd by the Irish in 401 C.E.?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)