|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Irish king does Patrick criticize?
2. After his ordination and return to Ireland, Patricius' name changed to: _____________
3. On what date does Rome first encounter barbarians?
(a) December 31, 406 C.E.
(b) December 31, 406 B.C.
(c) December 4, 316 B.C.
(d) December 4, 316 C.E.
4. How does How the Irish Saved Civilization describe the Irish?
(a) Celtic Protestants.
(b) Celtic Catholics.
(c) Protestant Anglo-Saxons.
(d) Anglo-Saxon Catholics.
5. What is Tain Bo Cuailnge?
(a) A Roman poetry epic.
(b) A Roman prose epic.
(c) An Irish poetry epic.
(d) An Irish prose epic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality was Disraeli?
2. The classic Christian doctrines of original sin, grace, and the trinity are first articulated by this person.
3. How far are the apostles Peter and Thomas believed to have gone in their missionary journeys?
4. How many years after this first encounter did St. Augustine blame paganism for the problems his city was having with barbarians?
5. What position is Ausonius given in the year 379 A.D.?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)