|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first religion with which Augustine experiments?
2. What practice that, in our society is illegal, exists and is considered acceptable in pre-Christian Ireland?
3. What effect does slavery have on Patricius' faith?
(a) He prays constantly and becomes a holy man.
(b) He questions God and eventually becomes a Catholic.
(c) He curses God and dies.
(d) He questions God and remains an atheist.
4. What are the Irish renowned as during the fifth century?
5. What type of culture is Ireland described as in the opening pages of this book?
(a) Space Age.
(b) Industrial Age.
(c) Iron Age.
(d) Stone Age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vitally important Irish virtue is NOT named on the "Irish Catholic Martin Luther King's" tombstone?
2. What happens to Augustine when, after reading the works of Saul of Tarsus, he realized that Plato's views on truth were wrong?
3. What does Tain Bo Cuailnge mean in English?
4. Which university is historian Anthony Grafton affiliated with?
5. What nickname is given to the people who reintroduced culture to medieval Europe?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)