|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the effect of this battle on Cuchulainn, his helper, and his horse, according to the legend?
(a) Cuchulainn's helper died, but he and his horse recovered from their wounds.
(b) All three were severely wounded, but recovered.
(c) All three were lightly wounded.
(d) All three were unscratched and unstained.
2. What year C.E. is believed to be that of Patrick's death?
3. What was the Romans' reaction to Celtic warriors?
4. In which book did St. Augustine blame paganism for Rome's troubles with barbarians?
(b) How The Irish Saved Civilization.
(c) The City of God.
(d) The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire.
5. What ends Ausonius' career?
(a) Gratian's murder.
(b) Valentinian I's murder.
(c) A plagiarism scandal.
(d) Valentinian II's murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Celtic corpses such as Tolland Man, Grauballe Man, Borremose Man, and Lindow Man examples of?
2. What does Patrick find the Irish displaying in their temples, on their palisades, and even hanging on their belts?
3. What is the name of Mil's family poet?
4. How many people was Cuchulainn able to reportedly kill in three passes during one battle?
5. How does Patrick convince the Irish to stop human sacrifices?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)