1. Who is the author of How the Irish Saved Civilization?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Albert Payson Terhune.
(c) Thomas Cahill.
(d) Mark Twain.
2. What category of people is this book about?
3. What nickname is given to the people who reintroduced culture to medieval Europe?
(a) Holy Rollers.
(b) Green Martyrs.
(c) White Martyrs.
(d) Irish Professors.
4. In what century does How the Irish Saved Civilization begin?
(a) Fifth C.E.
(b) Fifth B.C.
(c) Eleventh C.E.
(d) Eleventh B.C.
5. What type of culture is Ireland described as in the opening pages of this book?
(a) Space Age.
(b) Stone Age.
(c) Industrial Age.
(d) Iron Age.
6. Without Ireland, neither __________ nor ____________ would have occurred.
(a) Renaissance; Enlightenment.
(b) Renaissance; Evolution.
(c) Evolution; Medicine.
(d) Enlightenment; Science.
7. These people loot Europe and burn books.
8. These people preserved Europe's Greco-Roman and Judaeo-Christian heritage.
9. How does How the Irish Saved Civilization describe modern English and Americans?
(a) Anglo-Saxon Catholics.
(b) Celtic Catholics.
(c) Protestant Anglo-Saxons.
(d) Celtic Protestants.
This section contains 3,888 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)