* The premise of How the Irish Saved Civilization is to show how Irish Christians re-educated Europe after the fall of the Roman Empire.
* Without these efforts on behalf of the Irish, neither the Renaissance nor the Enlightenment, whose effects are still felt today, would have taken place.
* Although Ireland was a Stone Age culture at the height of the Roman Empire and its great civilization, at the height of the chaos and illiteracy caused by the barbarian invasion and the resulting fall of the Roman Empire, Ireland was becoming Christian, becoming literate, and learning the fine art of bookmaking.
* The reason why this story is not well-known, according to the author, is because of historical Anglo-Saxon Protestant prejudice against Irish Catholics, which began in the Elizabethan era. Therefore, history is written with a Protestant bias.
* The Roman Empire is separated from the barbarians by the Rhine...
This section contains 2,141 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)