|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the early days of the war, which power seems to have the upper hand?
2. Where is is the Peloponnesus itself?
(a) Just North of Attica
(b) In the Cyclades
(c) The Southern tip of Greece
(d) On the Northwestern coast of Greece
3. The war is between what two powers?
(a) The Persian Empire and Sparta.
(b) The Corinthian Empire and the Macedonians.
(c) Greece and Italy.
(d) The Athenian empire and the Peloponnesian League, an alliance of city-states led by Sparta.
4. After the Spartan forces give up the Attica offensive, what does Athens continue to do?
(a) Hit-and-run naval attacks on the Peloponesian isthmus
(b) Press for a military truce and peace treaty
(c) Stockpile commodities against future Spartan attacks
(d) Build higher walls around Athens
5. Who is the notable politician who is successful in diverting the attention of Sparta from the Athenians?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the war begins, what diplomatic success does Athens have?
2. What are the four major geographic areas listed in Book One?
3. Which political powers are at the epicenter of the Peloponnesian War?
4. Why is Athens in a superior position at the start of the war?
5. Between Corinth and Corcyra, which side does Athens eventually decide to support?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)