|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is a Jewish orphan who later marries Ahasuerus, the king of Persia?
2. Who has God come to prefer?
3. Who tempts Yah to impose great suffering on Job?
4. How are the Jews saved?
5. What is another word for solitude?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what type of knowledge does the knowledge described in Isaiah refer?
2. Why is the Book of Job a favorite in literary circles and with skeptics?
3. What happen after Ezra reads the "scroll of the Teaching of Moses?"
4. At what times during the dialogue between God and Job does one see Elohim and Yahweh?
5. What proof is there that Job silences God?
6. Why is cultic sacrifice a late development in the Judean culture?
7. How is the love between the man and wife before and after the reconciliation?
8. Why does God need the prophets?
9. Why is it confusing that the prophets contradict one another?
10. With whom does Haggai deal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose of the Book of Leviticus? How did the book get its name? What do the procedures described in Leviticus do to God?
Essay Topic 2
What is the accepted opinion of women in the Tanakh? Give three examples from the Tanakh that show the status of women and explain how they relate to the accepted opinion of women.
Essay Topic 3
God declares "I AM WHO I AM."
Part 1) What does this mean?
Part 2) Why is he able to declare himself in this way?
Part 3) How have God's previous actions shown this to be a true declaration?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)