|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has God come to prefer?
2. What have skeptics found in the Book of Job?
3. What does Job choose over God?
4. How are the Jews saved?
5. What is not found in prophecy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the four things Job does, according to the common interpretation of the Book of Job?
2. What lesson did God's demand for Isaac's sacrifice teach? Give an example.
3. Why is the Book of Job a favorite in literary circles and with skeptics?
4. Why is it confusing that the prophets contradict one another?
5. To what type of knowledge does the knowledge described in Isaiah refer?
6. How does the Book of Ruth portray men?
7. How is the love between the man and wife before and after the reconciliation?
8. Why does God need the prophets?
9. What is the gist of Proverbs?
10. How do God's people preserve him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the accepted opinion of women in the Tanakh? Give three examples from the Tanakh that show the status of women and explain how they relate to the accepted opinion of women.
Essay Topic 2
Miles says it is revolutionary for God to become the "God of Abraham."
Part 1) Why is this revolutionary?
Part 2) What is God and Abraham's relationship like?
Part 3) What is the importance of Abraham's family?
Essay Topic 3
God allows Sodom and the surrounding region to be destroyed.
Part 1) What is Miles' explanation for the scope of vengeance?
Part 2) This story of Sodom is traditionally considered a lesson on morality. How can Miles' explanation for Sodom's destruction change one's attitude towards the purpose of this story?
Part 3) What does this story say about God's desire for power?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)