|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does God's decision to take the bet have on Job?
2. What messages frequently contradict one another?
3. In Isaiah God is holy because of what, rather than power?
4. How will prophecy be examined in this book?
5. What is there a sense of in Psalms?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happen after Ezra reads the "scroll of the Teaching of Moses?"
2. Why is cultic sacrifice a late development in the Judean culture?
3. How is the love between the man and wife before and after the reconciliation?
4. What are the four things Job does, according to the common interpretation of the Book of Job?
5. Why does God need the prophets?
6. Why are Job's speeches NOT subversive?
7. Why is the Book of Job a favorite in literary circles and with skeptics?
8. What has happened to the practice of circumcision by the time Psalms is written?
9. What proof is there that Job silences God?
10. Why is it confusing that the prophets contradict one another?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the accepted opinion of women in the Tanakh? Give three examples from the Tanakh that show the status of women and explain how they relate to the accepted opinion of women.
Essay Topic 2
There are many firsts that occur between Moses and God.
Part 1) How does God appear to Moses? How does God identify himself?
Part 2) What/whose behavior does God begin exhibiting?
Part 3) Why do you think God's behavior has changed?
Essay Topic 3
When does God realize He is responsible for Israel's social order? What six-part action leads to this discovery? What are the four crescendos that affect the emerging character of God?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)