|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose laws are codified and entrusted to human custody?
2. Of what is "the earth shall be full of knowledge of the Lord/as the waters cover the sea" a description?
3. After the Babylonians are defeated by the Persians, what do the Judeans begin to be called?
4. What is an apocalypse?
5. What is the suggestion for why God did not dispense with Job rather than argue with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to the practice of circumcision by the time Psalms is written?
2. How are God and Israel brought back together in the Book of Daniel?
3. Prior to Second Isaiah does God feel joy? Explain.
4. When does God first feel pain?
5. Are the three Major Prophets' messages manic depressive and psychotic or sane and calm? Why?
6. What is the purpose of Gabriel and Michael?
7. With whom does Haggai deal?
8. How does the Book of Ruth portray men?
9. At what times during the dialogue between God and Job does one see Elohim and Yahweh?
10. Is the Tanakh a tragedy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Initially after the flood God prohibits humans from killing one another or eating any other creature alive.
Part 1) Do humans follow this rule? Explain.
Part 2) What seems to be God's opinion later on humans killing one another, as well as other living creatures?
Part 3) If one could ask God today his opinion on killing living creatures what do you think would be his response? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What is the accepted opinion of women in the Tanakh? Give three examples from the Tanakh that show the status of women and explain how they relate to the accepted opinion of women.
Essay Topic 3
Later in Genesis God deals with one man, Abram/Abraham.
Part 1) What aspect of Abram's life is God's primary concern?
Part 2) How does this control affect Abram's life?
Part 3) Why do you think God is so concerned with this one man and specifically one aspect of this man?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)