|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does God admit in Is. 51:22-23?
2. What is another word for solitude?
3. Even the goodness he sees in his own work did not bring God this.
4. What is not found in prophecy?
5. From what is the translation of Ecclesiastes drawn?
Short Essay Questions
1. At what times during the dialogue between God and Job does one see Elohim and Yahweh?
2. Prior to Second Isaiah does God feel joy? Explain.
3. What are the four things Job does, according to the common interpretation of the Book of Job?
4. What happen after Ezra reads the "scroll of the Teaching of Moses?"
5. To what type of knowledge does the knowledge described in Isaiah refer?
6. Why is cultic sacrifice a late development in the Judean culture?
7. What is the gist of Proverbs?
8. What lesson did God's demand for Isaac's sacrifice teach? Give an example.
9. With whom does Haggai deal?
10. How is the love between the man and wife before and after the reconciliation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the accepted opinion of women in the Tanakh? Give three examples from the Tanakh that show the status of women and explain how they relate to the accepted opinion of women.
Essay Topic 2
What does Deuteronomy mean? What comprises Deuteronomy? How does Deuteronomy exceed previous books?
Essay Topic 3
God seems to favor certain individuals in Abraham's family.
Part 1) Who does he favor?
Part 2) Why does he favor these individuals over others?
Part 3) What have we learned about God and His ability to pick and choose specific individuals?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)