|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Babylonians are defeated by the Persians, what do the Judeans begin to be called?
2. What type of presence is God in Isaiah?
(a) A presence that is somewhat absent.
(b) A solid presence.
(c) An absent presence.
(d) A true presence.
3. Where do Eloh and Yah send ferocious Sab?
(a) To the burning pits of hell.
(b) To the burning bush to speak with Moses.
(c) To kill the Israelites.
(d) To rescue the Israelites from the Egyptians.
4. What does God vow to Israel?
(a) To seek revenge.
(b) To have them destroyed.
(c) To make it up to Israel.
(d) To save them.
5. Where is the Bible's first apocalypse recorded?
(a) Exodus 2-16.
(b) Is. 24: 17-23.
(c) Daniel 17-25.
(d) Song of Songs 14.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does prophecy combine?
2. In the Book of Job, from whom does God take a bet?
3. What are the earlier Hebrews careful not to do, although their neighbors would have done this?
4. From what is the translation of Ecclesiastes drawn?
5. How are the Jews saved?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to the practice of circumcision by the time Psalms is written?
2. When does God first feel pain?
3. How is the love between the man and wife before and after the reconciliation?
4. Why are Job's speeches NOT subversive?
5. How did Song of Songs, which is a secular cycle of poems about young lovers, enter the Hebrew canon?
6. Prior to Second Isaiah does God feel joy? Explain.
7. How does God begin when he creates the world and all that is on it?
8. At what times during the dialogue between God and Job does one see Elohim and Yahweh?
9. Are the three Major Prophets' messages manic depressive and psychotic or sane and calm? Why?
10. How does the Book of Ruth portray men?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)