|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does God vow to Israel?
(a) To seek revenge.
(b) To save them.
(c) To have them destroyed.
(d) To make it up to Israel.
2. What does the Book of Ruth not gloss over?
(a) The evil of men.
(b) The unfairness of God.
(c) The difficulties of life.
(d) The difficulties of marriage.
3. How is God allowing himself to be transformed in Isaiah?
(a) To a wrathful, vengeful, and remorseful God.
(b) To a more wrath-filled God.
(c) To be emotionally transformed from his wrathful, vengeful, remorseful past.
(d) To an unhappy and unloved God.
4. How will prophecy be examined in this book?
(a) As the aspects of God in narrative form.
(b) As the self-characterization of God in a non-narrative form.
(c) As an explanation of the origins of God.
(d) As the historical evidence of God in narrative form.
5. How is Job like Abraham?
(a) He loves God.
(b) He goes along with what he must and withholds everything he can.
(c) His children inherit the earth.
(d) He does all that God asks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an apocalypse?
2. Why does Elizabethan society read the Bible more than it did the Greeks' writing?
3. What do these contradictions reveal?
4. How is his presence different in Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi, and Psalms?
5. What messages frequently contradict one another?
Short Essay Questions
1. Prior to Second Isaiah does God feel joy? Explain.
2. What is the purpose of Gabriel and Michael?
3. How does God begin when he creates the world and all that is on it?
4. Are the three Major Prophets' messages manic depressive and psychotic or sane and calm? Why?
5. To what type of knowledge does the knowledge described in Isaiah refer?
6. How is the love between the man and wife before and after the reconciliation?
7. What are the four things Job does, according to the common interpretation of the Book of Job?
8. Why is the Tanakh closer in spirit to "Hamlet," rather than "Oedipus Rex?"
9. Is the Tanakh a tragedy?
10. What has happened to the practice of circumcision by the time Psalms is written?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)