|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have skeptics found in the Book of Job?
(a) Reason to have faith in the Judeo-Christian tradition.
(b) Reason to understand the Judeo-Christian tradition.
(c) Reason fear the Judeo-Christian tradition.
(d) Reason for repudiating the Judeo-Christian tradition.
2. How is God allowing himself to be transformed in Isaiah?
(a) To be emotionally transformed from his wrathful, vengeful, remorseful past.
(b) To a wrathful, vengeful, and remorseful God.
(c) To a more wrath-filled God.
(d) To an unhappy and unloved God.
3. Is God just in the Book of Job?
(a) Yes, he is always a just God.
(b) Yes, Job made a mistake and deserves punishment.
(c) No, he never claims to be just, only to be almighty.
(d) No, he does not love Job enough to be just.
4. Who is Sherah?
(a) A goddess of creativity, wisdom, and skill.
(b) Abraham's wife.
(c) The messiah.
(d) God's companion.
5. Why does Haman want the Jews annihilated?
(a) Mordecai, a Jew, offends him.
(b) He does not like the king's wife.
(c) He has an obsession with murder.
(d) He fears the Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Israel a big loser?
2. Whose laws are codified and entrusted to human custody?
3. This Book is about love and marriage.
4. Who does Daniel 8 introduce?
5. What essence of God is the reptilian goddess?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it confusing that the prophets contradict one another?
2. What happen after Ezra reads the "scroll of the Teaching of Moses?"
3. How did Song of Songs, which is a secular cycle of poems about young lovers, enter the Hebrew canon?
4. What proof is there that Job silences God?
5. What does it say in Isaiah about God's opinion of punishment?
6. What lesson did God's demand for Isaac's sacrifice teach? Give an example.
7. How do God's people preserve him?
8. Prior to Second Isaiah does God feel joy? Explain.
9. Why is the Book of Job a favorite in literary circles and with skeptics?
10. Why does God need the prophets?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)