|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a mistake God will not repeat?
(a) Arguing with Job.
(c) Creating humankind.
(d) Anger towards his people.
2. Most often, whose words do the prophets speak?
3. How can God's "steadfast love" be translated?
(a) A fierce mutual loyalty between liege and vassal.
(b) Steady love.
(c) Strong love.
(d) Fatherly love.
4. Who is Sherah?
(a) Abraham's wife.
(b) A goddess of creativity, wisdom, and skill.
(c) The messiah.
(d) God's companion.
5. How is God the loser in the Book of Job?
(a) He has done wrong.
(b) He is uncaring.
(c) He hurts a sinless creature.
(d) He is the devil's gaming partner.
6. What is another word for solitude?
7. What do the six books from Song of Songs to Daniel share?
(a) The reaction of various types of reporters.
(b) The same theme.
(c) The criticism of God.
(d) The same narrator.
8. How is Mordecai's reaction to the plot of Haman different from the reactions by past Jews in similar situations?
(a) He begs for guidance.
(b) He repents for his sins.
(c) He performs mourning rituals, but does not pray to God for his life.
(d) He prays to God for help.
9. What follows the apocalypse?
(a) A definitive divine intervention at the end of time.
(b) A crowd of enthusiasts.
(c) A feast.
(d) A casket.
10. Who are the three major prophets?
(a) John, Jesus, Jacob.
(b) Isaac, Joseph, Mark.
(c) Edward, Ishmael, Jesse.
(d) Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel.
11. Where do Eloh and Yah send ferocious Sab?
(a) To the burning bush to speak with Moses.
(b) To rescue the Israelites from the Egyptians.
(c) To kill the Israelites.
(d) To the burning pits of hell.
12. What part of God's character is calm and benign?
13. What is the suggestion for why God did not dispense with Job rather than argue with him?
(a) He knows Job is in the right.
(b) He does not kill his own people.
(c) He felt regret for his actions.
(d) He loves Job.
14. What premise do Job's friends take?
(a) That God is unjust.
(b) That God is loving.
(c) That God is just.
(d) That God is spiteful.
15. For what do the last three Minor Prophets set the stage?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does God appear to Job?
2. What is inherently unstable in God?
3. In Isaiah God is holy because of what, rather than power?
4. God takes notice of problems and acts, but does not reveal this until Isaiah 39.
5. How are the two dream interpreters, Daniel and Joseph, different?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)