1. On what is Western civilization built?
The belief that God created humankind in His own image.
2. Although many Westerners have lost belief in God, what continues to set them apart from other cultures?
The religiocultural legacy.
3. To what literary character does the author compare God?
4. What can one gain from examining the Bible as a literary biography of God?
Insight into the Western ideal of character without having to subscribe to the religious trappings of Judaism or Christianity.
5. What do both Jews and Christians concede without blasphemy?
The Bible may be appreciated as literature.
This section contains 5,548 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)