|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How and why does God create a female?
(a) From the male's rib, because the male is lonely.
(b) From the male's brain, because he needs a smart companion.
(c) From the sky, because God does not like birds.
(d) From the dust, because God is lonely.
2. How does God come to understand that he wants to limit and channel the gift of procreation?
(a) After Adam takes a bite from the apple.
(b) Through man.
(c) After creating the earth.
(d) Through his thoughts.
3. What is the problem with enforcing morality in either polytheism or monotheism?
(a) The gods do not care if their followers are moral.
(b) In neither system has it proven guaranteed.
(c) The humans do not listen to their gods.
(d) Neither has a moral code.
4. Although many Westerners have lost belief in God, what continues to set them apart from other cultures?
(a) The Puritan work ethic.
(b) They speak English.
(c) The religiocultural legacy.
5. God commissions a reluctant Moses to return to lead his people out of Egypt. How does God reply when Moses asks his name?
(a) I AM WHO I AM.
(b) I AM YOUR GOD.
(c) I HAVE NO NAME.
(d) I AM YAHWEH.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Job like Abraham?
2. How does God refer to himself as female?
3. Why are the virgin daughters of one Israelite town that does not answer the call to massacre the Benjaminites allowed to be raped by the survivors?
4. What type of presence is God in Isaiah?
5. What does prophecy combine?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)