|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Isaiah God is holy because of what, rather than power?
(a) He is loving.
(b) He is all-knowing.
(c) He is other than man and unknowable.
(d) He has holy water.
2. How is Job like Abraham?
(a) He does all that God asks.
(b) He goes along with what he must and withholds everything he can.
(c) His children inherit the earth.
(d) He loves God.
3. What is the purpose of the second interlude, "Does God Fail?"
(a) It gives proof of God's successes.
(b) It performs a status check on how god has been characterized in the first eleven primarily historical books of the Tanakh, before turning to the prophets and other literary forms.
(c) It criticises God for all his failures.
(d) It interviews various religious authorities on their opinions on whether God has failed them.
4. God commissions a reluctant Moses to return to lead his people out of Egypt. How does God reply when Moses asks his name?
(a) I AM YAHWEH.
(b) I HAVE NO NAME.
(c) I AM YOUR GOD.
(d) I AM WHO I AM.
5. What happens to most of the men in the Book of Ruth?
(a) They die.
(b) They are in power.
(c) They abuse women.
(d) They are weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Tanakh's one God's two strikingly distinct personalities?
2. Who has God come to prefer?
3. To what literary character does the author compare God?
4. At what might critics scoff?
5. How is David indicted under Deuteronomic Law?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)