|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before moving on to the Book of Exodus, what does Miles do?
(a) He reviews and critiques the Book of Genesis.
(b) He rebukes the Flood story.
(c) He pauses to take stock of what in literary terms makes the unified God of Genesis godlike and different.
(d) He writes his own creation story.
2. How does God tell Moses to clear Canaan of its natives?
(a) Keep the women and children and kill the men.
(b) Run them out of town.
(c) Marry them and force them to follow the God of Israel.
(d) Genocidal ethnic cleansing.
3. Even the goodness he sees in his own work did not bring God this.
4. Who tempts Yah to impose great suffering on Job?
5. Why does Elizabethan society read the Bible more than it did the Greeks' writing?
(a) Queen Elizabeth forbids all literature other than the Bible.
(b) They are drawn to the way the Bible is written.
(c) It descends from a medieval society for whom the Bible is its only literature.
(d) It is in English, so they can better understand it than other literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does God do in Is. 40:2?
2. In the books of Kings what traits come to the fore?
3. What essence of God is the reptilian goddess?
4. What does prophecy combine?
5. How does God identify himself to Moses?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)