|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do these references do?
(a) They enrich the experience for those who grasp comparison, but do not demand look-up for those who do not.
(b) They encourage readers to learn more about what is referenced.
(c) They make the book more confusing for those who do not know the sources.
(d) They do not add to the biography of God.
2. What tribe is the only one to survive the exile as an intact entity?
(a) The tribe of Benjamin.
(b) The tribe of Judah.
(c) The tribe of Levi.
(d) The tribe of Joseph.
3. What does God admit in Is. 51:22-23?
(a) He is in control of all situations, because he is the almighty God.
(b) He almost admits that his punishment went too far.
(c) He suggests that he did not control events sufficiently to prevent unmerited suffering.
(d) He feels he did the right thing regarding the Israelites and Canaanites.
4. Who has God come to prefer?
(a) The righteous.
(b) The ungrateful.
(c) The pious commoner.
(d) The wealthy.
5. What does prophecy combine?
(a) Preaching, politics, and poetry.
(b) Meaning, movement, and morals.
(c) Reading, religion, and reason.
(d) Teaching, tutoring, and tilling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although God is supremely confident, what does he not seem to do?
2. Which statement is true based on the traditional interpretation of the Book of Job?
3. How do critics and scholars differ?
4. How does God come to understand that he wants to limit and channel the gift of procreation?
5. What does God not do as he is creating the world and animals?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)