|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the virgin daughters of one Israelite town that does not answer the call to massacre the Benjaminites allowed to be raped by the survivors?
(a) To punish them for disobeying.
(b) To get revenge on the Benjaminites.
(c) They want to show their power.
(d) In order to preserve the tribe's existence among the twelve.
2. What is discovered early in the Book of Judges?
(a) The Benjaminites are overpopulating the planet.
(b) The Canaanites are their friends.
(c) The Benjaminites are all eliminated.
(d) Not all the Canaanites are eliminated.
3. How is the Hebrew God different from those of Greek mythology?
(a) He creates a human that is also part god.
(b) He has a wife.
(c) He is peaceful at all times.
(d) He takes no action without thinking of man, has no "adventures," and has no divine companions.
4. What is the order of the Jewish text?
(a) Silence to Action to speech.
(b) Action to speech to silence.
(c) Action to silence to speech.
(d) Speech to action to silence.
5. For what acronym is "Tanakh?"
(a) Tambor, "muse," nell, "god," and kell, "sanctity."
(b) Torah, "teaching," nebim, "prophets," and ketubim, "writings."
(c) Tyra, "speaker," nebular, "cosmic," and ketchem, "source."
(d) Taliya, "describe," newsome, "interpret," and kettlyn, "evaluate."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does war do to God?
2. Which statement is true based on the traditional interpretation of the Book of Job?
3. What does God do when displeased by some human action or inaction?
4. Believers adore God as the origin of what?
5. How is God's interaction with Moses different from that with Abraham?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)