|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what might critics scoff?
(a) The idea of studying God in all his glory.
(b) The idea of understanding humans in spiritual terms.
(c) The idea of understanding God in human terms.
(d) The idea of studying the Bible.
2. Before moving on to the Book of Exodus, what does Miles do?
(a) He rebukes the Flood story.
(b) He reviews and critiques the Book of Genesis.
(c) He pauses to take stock of what in literary terms makes the unified God of Genesis godlike and different.
(d) He writes his own creation story.
3. What is not found in prophecy?
(a) Sanity and calmness.
(b) False prophecy.
(c) Fear and wonder.
4. Of what is there no indication?
(a) That He makes the earth.
(b) That He makes insects.
(c) That He wants an image of himself.
(d) That He wants a servant, lover, or worshiper.
5. What is the unifying principle of the Tanakh?
(a) God' love for himself.
(b) God's love of humankind.
(c) God's fight with the devil.
(d) God's war with himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What god is He compared to after his transformation?
2. What is the plot of the Tanakh?
3. How does God seem to be taking up ethical matters?
4. What is there a sense of in Psalms?
5. What Jewish and Christian texts cover the same material?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)