|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is discovered early in the Book of Judges?
(a) Not all the Canaanites are eliminated.
(b) The Canaanites are their friends.
(c) The Benjaminites are overpopulating the planet.
(d) The Benjaminites are all eliminated.
2. Who and what does this book reference?
(a) Peter Voulkos, Jon Balestreri, the Sacred Scrolls, and music.
(b) Neil Simon, Oscar Wilde, Louisa May Alcott, Buddhism, and art.
(c) Cervantes, Neil Simon, Oscar Wilde, the Qu'ran, and music.
(d) Cervantes, Joan of Arc, the Arc of the Convenant, and art.
3. What do the last three Minor Prophets give God?
(a) A last chance to express himself directly.
(b) A promise to spread his word.
(c) A gift.
(d) An oath to be loyal.
4. How is the Hebrew God different from those of Greek mythology?
(a) He has a wife.
(b) He is peaceful at all times.
(c) He takes no action without thinking of man, has no "adventures," and has no divine companions.
(d) He creates a human that is also part god.
5. How does God appear to Job?
(a) As a lightening bolt.
(b) As a volcano.
(c) As a whirlwind.
(d) As a burning bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what is the translation of Ecclesiastes drawn?
2. How does a fully-integrated Yahweh/Elohim God appear to Moses?
3. What does God give to himself as an out from the broken covenant?
4. How do critics and scholars differ?
5. Who are the three major prophets?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)