|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the protagonist in the Tanakh?
2. What is another name for the Ten Commandments?
(a) The Stone Tablet.
(b) God's Rules.
(c) The Decalogue.
(d) The Ten Laws.
3. God commissions a reluctant Moses to return to lead his people out of Egypt. How does God reply when Moses asks his name?
(a) I HAVE NO NAME.
(b) I AM YAHWEH.
(c) I AM WHO I AM.
(d) I AM YOUR GOD.
4. To what does the author compare the Biblical writers?
(c) Courtroom witnesses.
5. In Isaiah God is holy because of what, rather than power?
(a) He has holy water.
(b) He is loving.
(c) He is all-knowing.
(d) He is other than man and unknowable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an apocalypse?
2. Most often, whose words do the prophets speak?
3. What happens to God's plan of establishing a nation peacefully obedient to the detailed moral code he promulgated?
4. Where does the worst case of brutality in a brutal era take place?
5. How can God's "steadfast love" be translated?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)