|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does God take for granted in the scene between Nathan and David?
(a) The poor and weak have a prior claim on his protection.
(b) Nathan and David are friends.
(c) The wealthy and righteous require his protection.
(d) Nathan and David are brothers.
2. What does humanity reflect?
(a) The multiplicity and unity of its creator.
(b) The beliefs of our ancestors.
(c) The free will the creator bestowed upon humanity.
(d) The sins and transgressions of those who have passed away.
3. God commissions a reluctant Moses to return to lead his people out of Egypt. How does God reply when Moses asks his name?
(a) I AM YAHWEH.
(b) I AM WHO I AM.
(c) I HAVE NO NAME.
(d) I AM YOUR GOD.
4. After the man and woman are punished, what perpetual punishments are hard and painful?
(a) Childbearing and earning a living.
(b) Cleaning and cooking.
(c) Exercising and working.
(d) Raising children and housework.
5. What does the author believe God's story deserves?
(a) To be considered a work of fiction.
(b) To be thrown in the trash.
(c) To commemorate the Israelites.
(d) More than the selective preaching it receives.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Bible unique?
2. What is God's story the key to understanding?
3. What is the order of the Christian text?
4. What can one gain from examining the Bible as a literary biography of God?
5. For what do the last three Minor Prophets set the stage?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)