|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. God takes notice of problems and acts, but does not reveal this until Isaiah 39.
2. How is his presence different in Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi, and Psalms?
(a) He reappears but is silent.
(b) He leads his flock to heaven.
(c) He reappears.
(d) God becomes a present absence, quite gone and missed.
3. Who and what does this book reference?
(a) Peter Voulkos, Jon Balestreri, the Sacred Scrolls, and music.
(b) Cervantes, Neil Simon, Oscar Wilde, the Qu'ran, and music.
(c) Cervantes, Joan of Arc, the Arc of the Convenant, and art.
(d) Neil Simon, Oscar Wilde, Louisa May Alcott, Buddhism, and art.
4. What can one gain from examining the Bible as a literary biography of God?
(a) Understanding of how perfect God is.
(b) Once can learn the truths of the Bible and convert.
(c) One can become closer to God and his infinite wisdom and strength.
(d) Insight into the Western ideal of character without having to subscribe to the religious trappings of Judaism or Christianity.
5. Who is the protagonist in the Tanakh?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does God admit in Is. 51:22-23?
2. What does prophecy combine?
3. Why are the virgin daughters of one Israelite town that does not answer the call to massacre the Benjaminites allowed to be raped by the survivors?
4. What does God do as he creates the world and populates it with animals in five days?
5. What does the keynote, "The Image and the Original" provide?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)