|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does God identify himself to Moses?
(a) As a whirlwind.
(b) As the God of Man.
(c) As the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.
(d) As a burning bush.
2. God commissions a reluctant Moses to return to lead his people out of Egypt. How does God reply when Moses asks his name?
(a) I AM YOUR GOD.
(b) I AM YAHWEH.
(c) I AM WHO I AM.
(d) I HAVE NO NAME.
3. Through the end of 2 Kings, God is never referred to as a king, instead, how does he speak of himself?
(a) As a peacemaker.
(b) As a father.
(c) As a judge.
(d) As a son.
4. What do both Jews and Christians concede without blasphemy?
(a) All religions are equal and true.
(b) Both Judaism and Christianity are the true religions.
(c) The Bible is full of fictional tales.
(d) The Bible may be appreciated as literature.
5. What is understood and not concealed about God?
(a) His relationship with Ruth.
(b) His influence on the Prophets.
(c) His opinion of the Book of Esther.
(d) The set of inner contradictions in God.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the man and woman are punished, what perpetual punishments are hard and painful?
2. What does David do before the ark?
3. In the books of Kings what traits come to the fore?
4. What is the order of the Jewish text?
5. Why do the Christians move the prophets from the middle to the end?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)