|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does God tell Moses to clear Canaan of its natives?
(a) Keep the women and children and kill the men.
(b) Run them out of town.
(c) Genocidal ethnic cleansing.
(d) Marry them and force them to follow the God of Israel.
2. What does war do to God?
(a) It makes him sad.
(b) It permanently transforms him.
(c) It makes him a better father.
(d) It makes him evil.
3. On what is Western civilization built?
(a) That one race is superior above all others.
(b) That Americans are the best.
(c) That all men are created equal.
(d) The belief that God created humankind in His own image.
4. What is God's story the key to understanding?
(a) Eastern character by non-Easterners and non-believers.
(b) Mesopotamian character by non-Mesopotamians and non-believers.
(c) Western character by non-Westerners and non-believers.
(d) Asian character by non-Easterners and non-believers.
5. Before moving on to the Book of Exodus, what does Miles do?
(a) He reviews and critiques the Book of Genesis.
(b) He rebukes the Flood story.
(c) He writes his own creation story.
(d) He pauses to take stock of what in literary terms makes the unified God of Genesis godlike and different.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what literary character does the author compare God?
2. How long does Moses spend on Mt. Sinai?
3. What is understood and not concealed about God?
4. What is the purpose of Chapter One, the Prelude, "Can God's Life Be Written?"
5. What does the author believe God's story deserves?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)