|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Biblical writers do?
(a) They ramble on about stories from the past.
(b) They criticize God.
(c) They criticize the Israelites.
(d) They testify about God.
2. What is different about these two texts?
(a) They have varying beliefs.
(b) They are from two different cultures.
(c) They have different subject matter.
(d) They are in different orders.
3. What is another name for the Ten Commandments?
(a) The Decalogue.
(b) God's Rules.
(c) The Stone Tablet.
(d) The Ten Laws.
4. Although his story, previously reserved to Jewish and Christian believers, is the bedrock of what civilization?
(a) Western civilization.
(b) Mesopotamian civilization.
(c) Asian civilization.
(d) Eastern civilization.
5. How is the Bible unique?
(a) It is a translated classic, read by only a tiny minority in the original language.
(b) It is the most important book that is in existence.
(c) It is read by people from many cultures.
(d) It has been translated into hundreds of languages.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does God tell Moses to clear Canaan of its natives?
2. How does God create a male?
3. What is the Tanakh's one God's two strikingly distinct personalities?
4. Why does the author use the Jewish canon, or Tanakh, for study?
5. What is the purpose of Chapter One, the Prelude, "Can God's Life Be Written?"
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)