|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the time Exodus begins, what has happened to Abraham's descendants?
(a) They are almost extinct.
(b) They have become innumerable, to the point they are a threat to Egypt.
(c) They have moved to Europe.
(d) They are at war with one another.
2. What are the ways David is indicted under Deuteronomic Law?
(a) Hate, shame, fear, and murder.
(b) Love, fear of God, kindness, mildness, and care.
(c) Cowardice, adultery, blasphemy, treachery, and gluttony.
(d) Prowess, theft, and threatening and controlling others.
3. What is the plot of the Tanakh?
(a) God's love for humanity and humanities inabiliy to follow God's laws.
(b) God's desiring to have a self-image, struggling with that self-image when it becomes a maker of self-images, and reaching crisis when he tries and fails to conceal his originating motive from a single exemplar of himself.
(c) The birth of our world.
(d) To discover where we come from.
4. What is different about these two texts?
(a) They are in different orders.
(b) They have varying beliefs.
(c) They are from two different cultures.
(d) They have different subject matter.
5. How is the Bible unique?
(a) It is read by people from many cultures.
(b) It has been translated into hundreds of languages.
(c) It is a translated classic, read by only a tiny minority in the original language.
(d) It is the most important book that is in existence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can one gain from examining the Bible as a literary biography of God?
2. What is the order of the Jewish text?
3. What is understood and not concealed about God?
4. After the man and woman are punished, what perpetual punishments are hard and painful?
5. What is unimportant in Genesis 1, but becomes a matter of shame in Genesis 2?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)