|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although God is supremely confident, what does he not seem to do?
(a) Change his opinion on how to deal with humankind.
(b) Ask humankind for repentance.
(c) Ask humankind to praise him.
(d) Plan ahead.
2. What is the purpose of Chapter One, the Prelude, "Can God's Life Be Written?"
(a) It examines God's law.
(b) It establishes what Jack Miles intends to accomplish in this book.
(c) It examines God's history throughout time.
(d) It establishes Jack Miles' religious beliefs.
3. What do the Biblical writers do?
(a) They testify about God.
(b) They ramble on about stories from the past.
(c) They criticize the Israelites.
(d) They criticize God.
4. What is the name of the Hebrew Bible?
(a) The Torrey.
(b) The Tanakh.
(c) The Toutenkamun.
(d) The Taliya.
5. How do critics and scholars differ?
(a) How to approach literary characters.
(b) Their beliefs about what is literature.
(c) How they study poetry.
(d) What colleges they attend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "theography?"
2. The Hebrew Bible shows no beginning or end to God, but what does the middle life show?
3. How is the Bible unique?
4. What is understood and not concealed about God?
5. Where does the worst case of brutality in a brutal era take place?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)