|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is David indicted under Deuteronomic Law?
(a) He kills Goliath and gloats about his win.
(b) He defies God's law.
(c) He tricks Bathseba into marrying her husband.
(d) His behavior towards Bathseba, whom he seduces and her murdered husband, whom he arranged to have killed.
2. Why should God fall in love with David?
(a) Everyone else hates David.
(b) David is sweet.
(c) Everyone else does.
(d) David is handsome.
3. What is the problem with enforcing morality in either polytheism or monotheism?
(a) Neither has a moral code.
(b) In neither system has it proven guaranteed.
(c) The humans do not listen to their gods.
(d) The gods do not care if their followers are moral.
4. What does war do to God?
(a) It makes him sad.
(b) It makes him a better father.
(c) It makes him evil.
(d) It permanently transforms him.
5. What is the Tanakh's one God's two strikingly distinct personalities?
(a) Elohim and Yahweh.
(b) Elijah and Matthew.
(c) Jacob and Joseph.
(d) Abram and Isaac.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Hebrew Bible shows no beginning or end to God, but what does the middle life show?
2. What is different about these two texts?
3. The creation story resembles what creation myths?
4. What story is told twice and is structurally the same, yet different in the details and mood?
5. How and why does God create a female?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)