|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unimportant in Genesis 1, but becomes a matter of shame in Genesis 2?
(a) The man and woman being different.
(b) The couple's nakedness.
(c) The apple.
(d) The snake in the garden.
2. What is the Tanakh's one God's two strikingly distinct personalities?
(a) Elijah and Matthew.
(b) Abram and Isaac.
(c) Jacob and Joseph.
(d) Elohim and Yahweh.
3. To what literary character does the author compare God?
(c) Don Quixote.
(d) Jo March.
4. What do these references do?
(a) They make the book more confusing for those who do not know the sources.
(b) They encourage readers to learn more about what is referenced.
(c) They do not add to the biography of God.
(d) They enrich the experience for those who grasp comparison, but do not demand look-up for those who do not.
5. How does God show his power to Egypt?
(a) The bloody Passover ritual is performed, the Egyptians first-born sons die, and the Eyptians drown as they pursue the Israelites.
(b) He strikes the Eygyptians with ligntening bolts.
(c) He casts a spell on them.
(d) He appears in a burning bush to Pharaoh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the problem with enforcing morality in either polytheism or monotheism?
2. What is different about these two texts?
3. What do both Jews and Christians concede without blasphemy?
4. What is the order of the Christian text?
5. What is God's story the key to understanding?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)