|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do both Jews and Christians concede without blasphemy?
(a) All religions are equal and true.
(b) The Bible may be appreciated as literature.
(c) Both Judaism and Christianity are the true religions.
(d) The Bible is full of fictional tales.
2. What is the order of the Jewish text?
(a) Speech to action to silence.
(b) Action to silence to speech.
(c) Silence to Action to speech.
(d) Action to speech to silence.
3. Why do the Christians move the prophets from the middle to the end?
(a) It is the true order.
(b) God asks to have the order changed.
(c) To make it less confusing for the reader.
(d) For dramatic effect.
4. What is the name of the Hebrew Bible?
(a) The Tanakh.
(b) The Torrey.
(c) The Taliya.
(d) The Toutenkamun.
5. What is the plot of the Tanakh?
(a) God's desiring to have a self-image, struggling with that self-image when it becomes a maker of self-images, and reaching crisis when he tries and fails to conceal his originating motive from a single exemplar of himself.
(b) God's love for humanity and humanities inabiliy to follow God's laws.
(c) The birth of our world.
(d) To discover where we come from.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is God's story the key to understanding?
2. What book and chapters of the Tanakh relate a distinct second account of creation?
3. By the time Exodus begins, what has happened to Abraham's descendants?
4. What is another name for the Ten Commandments?
5. Why do the Jew leave the text where it is?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)