|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of Chapter One, the Prelude, "Can God's Life Be Written?"
(a) It examines God's history throughout time.
(b) It establishes Jack Miles' religious beliefs.
(c) It establishes what Jack Miles intends to accomplish in this book.
(d) It examines God's law.
2. Why do the Jew leave the text where it is?
(a) For dramatic effect.
(b) It is the true order and should not be changed.
(c) God asks to have the order kept in its original form.
(d) They adopt the codex as a way of preserving the contents of their ancient scrolls.
3. How does God create a male?
(a) From the sea.
(b) From dust.
(c) From a rib.
(d) From the sky.
4. Although many Westerners have lost belief in God, what continues to set them apart from other cultures?
(b) The Puritan work ethic.
(c) The religiocultural legacy.
(d) They speak English.
5. What is the name of the Hebrew Bible?
(a) The Taliya.
(b) The Tanakh.
(c) The Toutenkamun.
(d) The Torrey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many technical studies deal with how the God of Israel arose as a fusion of Semitic deities, but what do they fail to ask?
2. To what does the author compare the Biblical writers?
3. How do critics and scholars differ?
4. What does the keynote, "The Image and the Original" provide?
5. How is the Bible unique?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)