|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How and why does God create a female?
(a) From the sky, because God does not like birds.
(b) From the male's brain, because he needs a smart companion.
(c) From the male's rib, because the male is lonely.
(d) From the dust, because God is lonely.
2. Who is the protagonist in the Tanakh?
3. What does the Bible show without cover-up?
(a) God as a saint.
(b) God as anything but a saint.
(c) Prophets whose stories compliment one another.
(d) The purity of the Israelites.
4. What is the purpose of Chapter One, the Prelude, "Can God's Life Be Written?"
(a) It establishes what Jack Miles intends to accomplish in this book.
(b) It examines God's law.
(c) It examines God's history throughout time.
(d) It establishes Jack Miles' religious beliefs.
5. What does war do to God?
(a) It permanently transforms him.
(b) It makes him sad.
(c) It makes him evil.
(d) It makes him a better father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Hebrew Bible?
2. What do both Jews and Christians concede without blasphemy?
3. How is the Hebrew God different from those of Greek mythology?
4. What story is told twice and is structurally the same, yet different in the details and mood?
5. To what does the author compare the Biblical writers?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)