|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is understood and not concealed about God?
(a) His relationship with Ruth.
(b) His influence on the Prophets.
(c) The set of inner contradictions in God.
(d) His opinion of the Book of Esther.
2. What is the order of the Christian text?
(a) Speech to action to silence.
(b) Silence to speech to action.
(c) Action to speech to silence.
(d) Action to silence to speech.
3. The creation story resembles what creation myths?
4. What does God not do as he is creating the world and animals?
(a) He does not make all the animals.
(b) He does not talk about himself or his motivation for the sudden action.
(c) He does not feel confident in his creations.
(d) He does not create light.
5. What is a "theography?"
(a) A study comparing theology to biographies.
(b) A study independent of both theology and biography.
(c) A study of theologian biographies.
(d) A study of Theo the Great.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author use the Jewish canon, or Tanakh, for study?
2. What do these references do?
3. Why is the God of Genesis frustrating?
4. What is God's story the key to understanding?
5. What is the order of the Jewish text?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)