|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book and chapters of the Tanakh relate a distinct second account of creation?
(a) Genesis 2:4-23.
(b) Genesis 3-6
(c) Exodus 4-12
(d) Exodus 12-15
2. Why do the Christians move the prophets from the middle to the end?
(a) God asks to have the order changed.
(b) To make it less confusing for the reader.
(c) For dramatic effect.
(d) It is the true order.
3. How and why does God create a female?
(a) From the sky, because God does not like birds.
(b) From the dust, because God is lonely.
(c) From the male's brain, because he needs a smart companion.
(d) From the male's rib, because the male is lonely.
4. What do the Biblical writers do?
(a) They testify about God.
(b) They ramble on about stories from the past.
(c) They criticize God.
(d) They criticize the Israelites.
5. What does the author believe God's story deserves?
(a) More than the selective preaching it receives.
(b) To be thrown in the trash.
(c) To be considered a work of fiction.
(d) To commemorate the Israelites.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the plot of the Tanakh?
2. What does the keynote, "The Image and the Original" provide?
3. What is the order of the Christian text?
4. What is unimportant in Genesis 1, but becomes a matter of shame in Genesis 2?
5. Why do the Jew leave the text where it is?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)