|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Believers adore God as the origin of what?
(a) The cosmos.
(b) The human species.
(c) All virtue.
(d) All animals.
2. What is understood and not concealed about God?
(a) His opinion of the Book of Esther.
(b) His influence on the Prophets.
(c) The set of inner contradictions in God.
(d) His relationship with Ruth.
3. The Hebrew Bible shows no beginning or end to God, but what does the middle life show?
(a) A progression from vigor to quiescence.
(b) A progression from silence to violence.
(c) A progression from happiness to sadness.
(d) A progression from action to reaction.
4. On what is Western civilization built?
(a) That one race is superior above all others.
(b) That all men are created equal.
(c) That Americans are the best.
(d) The belief that God created humankind in His own image.
5. What is the unifying principle of the Tanakh?
(a) God's fight with the devil.
(b) God' love for himself.
(c) God's war with himself.
(d) God's love of humankind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the Tanakh always been?
2. What is the order of the Jewish text?
3. What can one gain from examining the Bible as a literary biography of God?
4. What does war do to God?
5. What does the author believe God's story deserves?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)