|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the order of the Christian text?
(a) Action to silence to speech.
(b) Speech to action to silence.
(c) Silence to speech to action.
(d) Action to speech to silence.
2. What is God's story the key to understanding?
(a) Asian character by non-Easterners and non-believers.
(b) Western character by non-Westerners and non-believers.
(c) Mesopotamian character by non-Mesopotamians and non-believers.
(d) Eastern character by non-Easterners and non-believers.
3. Believers adore God as the origin of what?
(a) All virtue.
(b) All animals.
(c) The cosmos.
(d) The human species.
4. What is the purpose of Chapter One, the Prelude, "Can God's Life Be Written?"
(a) It examines God's history throughout time.
(b) It establishes what Jack Miles intends to accomplish in this book.
(c) It establishes Jack Miles' religious beliefs.
(d) It examines God's law.
5. What do the Biblical writers do?
(a) They ramble on about stories from the past.
(b) They testify about God.
(c) They criticize God.
(d) They criticize the Israelites.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Bible show without cover-up?
2. What does the author believe God's story deserves?
3. What can one gain from examining the Bible as a literary biography of God?
4. How do critics and scholars differ?
5. Although his story, previously reserved to Jewish and Christian believers, is the bedrock of what civilization?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)