|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Jew leave the text where it is?
(a) They adopt the codex as a way of preserving the contents of their ancient scrolls.
(b) For dramatic effect.
(c) God asks to have the order kept in its original form.
(d) It is the true order and should not be changed.
2. How do critics and scholars differ?
(a) What colleges they attend.
(b) How to approach literary characters.
(c) Their beliefs about what is literature.
(d) How they study poetry.
3. To what have believers grown accustomed?
(a) God's undying love and devotion to humankind.
(b) God 's inner anxiety in the way they are drawn to complex human beings more so than the boring "centered" ones.
(c) God's wrath towards those that disobey him.
(d) God's Son, the Messiah.
4. Believers adore God as the origin of what?
(a) The human species.
(b) All animals.
(c) The cosmos.
(d) All virtue.
5. What does the author believe God's story deserves?
(a) To be thrown in the trash.
(b) To commemorate the Israelites.
(c) To be considered a work of fiction.
(d) More than the selective preaching it receives.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the author compare the Biblical writers?
2. Although many Westerners have lost belief in God, what continues to set them apart from other cultures?
3. Who is the protagonist in the Tanakh?
4. What does the keynote, "The Image and the Original" provide?
5. What is the order of the Christian text?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)