|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the order of the Jewish text?
(a) Action to speech to silence.
(b) Speech to action to silence.
(c) Action to silence to speech.
(d) Silence to Action to speech.
2. What has the Tanakh always been?
(a) The change of God from monotheism to polytheism.
(b) The story of God's inner conflict being resolved into monotheism.
(c) The story of God's struggle to be polytheistic.
(d) A guide to the godly life.
3. To what does the author compare the Biblical writers?
(d) Courtroom witnesses.
4. At what might critics scoff?
(a) The idea of studying the Bible.
(b) The idea of studying God in all his glory.
(c) The idea of understanding God in human terms.
(d) The idea of understanding humans in spiritual terms.
5. What is a "theography?"
(a) A study of Theo the Great.
(b) A study comparing theology to biographies.
(c) A study independent of both theology and biography.
(d) A study of theologian biographies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can one gain from examining the Bible as a literary biography of God?
2. The Hebrew Bible shows no beginning or end to God, but what does the middle life show?
3. What do these references do?
4. Although his story, previously reserved to Jewish and Christian believers, is the bedrock of what civilization?
5. Who and what does this book reference?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)