|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do these references do?
(a) They do not add to the biography of God.
(b) They encourage readers to learn more about what is referenced.
(c) They make the book more confusing for those who do not know the sources.
(d) They enrich the experience for those who grasp comparison, but do not demand look-up for those who do not.
2. What is the order of the Christian text?
(a) Action to silence to speech.
(b) Action to speech to silence.
(c) Silence to speech to action.
(d) Speech to action to silence.
3. What does the Bible show without cover-up?
(a) God as a saint.
(b) Prophets whose stories compliment one another.
(c) The purity of the Israelites.
(d) God as anything but a saint.
4. To what have believers grown accustomed?
(a) God's undying love and devotion to humankind.
(b) God's wrath towards those that disobey him.
(c) God's Son, the Messiah.
(d) God 's inner anxiety in the way they are drawn to complex human beings more so than the boring "centered" ones.
5. The Hebrew Bible shows no beginning or end to God, but what does the middle life show?
(a) A progression from action to reaction.
(b) A progression from silence to violence.
(c) A progression from happiness to sadness.
(d) A progression from vigor to quiescence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "theography?"
2. To what does the author compare the Biblical writers?
3. What is the plot of the Tanakh?
4. What is God's story the key to understanding?
5. What is the order of the Jewish text?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)