|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the order of the Christian text?
(a) Action to silence to speech.
(b) Action to speech to silence.
(c) Speech to action to silence.
(d) Silence to speech to action.
2. Although many Westerners have lost belief in God, what continues to set them apart from other cultures?
(a) The religiocultural legacy.
(b) They speak English.
(d) The Puritan work ethic.
3. The Hebrew Bible shows no beginning or end to God, but what does the middle life show?
(a) A progression from vigor to quiescence.
(b) A progression from action to reaction.
(c) A progression from silence to violence.
(d) A progression from happiness to sadness.
4. What is the purpose of Chapter One, the Prelude, "Can God's Life Be Written?"
(a) It establishes what Jack Miles intends to accomplish in this book.
(b) It examines God's history throughout time.
(c) It establishes Jack Miles' religious beliefs.
(d) It examines God's law.
5. What is the name of the Hebrew Bible?
(a) The Taliya.
(b) The Torrey.
(c) The Toutenkamun.
(d) The Tanakh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is God's story the key to understanding?
2. On what is Western civilization built?
3. What has the Tanakh always been?
4. Why does the author use the Jewish canon, or Tanakh, for study?
5. To what does the author compare the Biblical writers?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)