|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Hebrew Bible?
(a) The Tanakh.
(b) The Toutenkamun.
(c) The Taliya.
(d) The Torrey.
2. What does the author believe God's story deserves?
(a) To be considered a work of fiction.
(b) To commemorate the Israelites.
(c) More than the selective preaching it receives.
(d) To be thrown in the trash.
3. At what might critics scoff?
(a) The idea of understanding God in human terms.
(b) The idea of studying God in all his glory.
(c) The idea of studying the Bible.
(d) The idea of understanding humans in spiritual terms.
4. What does humanity reflect?
(a) The multiplicity and unity of its creator.
(b) The beliefs of our ancestors.
(c) The sins and transgressions of those who have passed away.
(d) The free will the creator bestowed upon humanity.
5. How do critics and scholars differ?
(a) Their beliefs about what is literature.
(b) How to approach literary characters.
(c) How they study poetry.
(d) What colleges they attend.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what is Western civilization built?
2. For what acronym is "Tanakh?"
3. What do these references do?
4. What is God's story the key to understanding?
5. What is a "theography?"
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)