|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does God indicate his sense of mercy might outweigh his sense of justice?
(a) He saves other nations, even though they are not Israelites.
(b) He gives the Israelites multiple chances.
(c) By allowing the generation after the destruction to have an opportunity to return to him and be restored.
(d) He saves the Israelites.
2. Of what is there no indication?
(a) That He wants a servant, lover, or worshiper.
(b) That He makes the earth.
(c) That He makes insects.
(d) That He wants an image of himself.
3. Before moving on to the Book of Exodus, what does Miles do?
(a) He reviews and critiques the Book of Genesis.
(b) He pauses to take stock of what in literary terms makes the unified God of Genesis godlike and different.
(c) He writes his own creation story.
(d) He rebukes the Flood story.
4. What does the Book of Ruth not gloss over?
(a) The difficulties of marriage.
(b) The evil of men.
(c) The difficulties of life.
(d) The unfairness of God.
5. What must God do to maintain contact with the remnant that survives destruction?
(a) He must be powerful.
(b) He must change them.
(c) He must act like a warrior.
(d) He must change himself to accept them as they are.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Christians move the prophets from the middle to the end?
2. Why does the author use the Jewish canon, or Tanakh, for study?
3. What character eludes the baby killers, grows to manhood in Egypt, flees, and settles down as a shepherd?
4. God commissions a reluctant Moses to return to lead his people out of Egypt. How does God reply when Moses asks his name?
5. How will prophecy be examined in this book?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)