|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does God not do as he is creating the world and animals?
(a) He does not talk about himself or his motivation for the sudden action.
(b) He does not make all the animals.
(c) He does not create light.
(d) He does not feel confident in his creations.
2. What story is told twice and is structurally the same, yet different in the details and mood?
(a) The Flood story.
(b) The Pharoah story.
(c) The Exodus story.
(d) The Burning Bush story.
3. How does God create a male?
(a) From dust.
(b) From the sky.
(c) From a rib.
(d) From the sea.
4. Although many Westerners have lost belief in God, what continues to set them apart from other cultures?
(b) The religiocultural legacy.
(c) The Puritan work ethic.
(d) They speak English.
5. How do critics and scholars differ?
(a) Their beliefs about what is literature.
(b) How they study poetry.
(c) What colleges they attend.
(d) How to approach literary characters.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what might critics scoff?
2. To what have believers grown accustomed?
3. The Hebrew Bible shows no beginning or end to God, but what does the middle life show?
4. Why do the Jew leave the text where it is?
5. Of what is there no indication?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)