|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does God do as he creates the world and populates it with animals in five days?
(a) He decides what animals to create.
(b) He talks to the angels.
(c) He ponders what to make.
(d) He talks to himself.
2. What story is told twice and is structurally the same, yet different in the details and mood?
(a) The Pharoah story.
(b) The Burning Bush story.
(c) The Flood story.
(d) The Exodus story.
3. How does God come to understand that he wants to limit and channel the gift of procreation?
(a) Through man.
(b) Through his thoughts.
(c) After creating the earth.
(d) After Adam takes a bite from the apple.
4. What is the unifying principle of the Tanakh?
(a) God's war with himself.
(b) God's fight with the devil.
(c) God' love for himself.
(d) God's love of humankind.
5. By the time Exodus begins, what has happened to Abraham's descendants?
(a) They have become innumerable, to the point they are a threat to Egypt.
(b) They are almost extinct.
(c) They are at war with one another.
(d) They have moved to Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Believers adore God as the origin of what?
2. What does humanity reflect?
3. What is the name of the Hebrew Bible?
4. What is the order of the Christian text?
5. Why does God make the world?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)