|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the time Exodus begins, what has happened to Abraham's descendants?
(a) They have become innumerable, to the point they are a threat to Egypt.
(b) They are at war with one another.
(c) They are almost extinct.
(d) They have moved to Europe.
2. Although God is supremely confident, what does he not seem to do?
(a) Plan ahead.
(b) Ask humankind for repentance.
(c) Change his opinion on how to deal with humankind.
(d) Ask humankind to praise him.
3. How is the Hebrew God different from those of Greek mythology?
(a) He creates a human that is also part god.
(b) He takes no action without thinking of man, has no "adventures," and has no divine companions.
(c) He is peaceful at all times.
(d) He has a wife.
4. To what does the author compare the Biblical writers?
(a) Courtroom witnesses.
5. What does war do to God?
(a) It permanently transforms him.
(b) It makes him sad.
(c) It makes him evil.
(d) It makes him a better father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What element remains dominant in God through the end of 2 Samuel?
2. Where is the Bible's first apocalypse recorded?
3. Most often, whose words do the prophets speak?
4. On what promise does God make good?
5. What is the unifying principle of the Tanakh?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)