|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is understood and not concealed about God?
(a) His opinion of the Book of Esther.
(b) His relationship with Ruth.
(c) His influence on the Prophets.
(d) The set of inner contradictions in God.
2. What does war do to God?
(a) It permanently transforms him.
(b) It makes him a better father.
(c) It makes him evil.
(d) It makes him sad.
3. Why did the horrible destruction threatened in Deuteronomy 28 have to take place?
(a) The Israelites deserved it.
(b) God could not stop the destruction.
(c) God falsely accused the Israelites of breaking his rules but still wanted to get revenge.
(d) God did not want to make a fool of himself by endlessly granting Israel stays.
4. How does God seem to be taking up ethical matters?
(a) On a case-by-case basis.
(b) He does not care about ethics.
(c) He has a strategic plan for dealing with ethical manners.
(d) In a zero-tolerance policy.
5. What is the purpose of Chapter One, the Prelude, "Can God's Life Be Written?"
(a) It examines God's history throughout time.
(b) It establishes what Jack Miles intends to accomplish in this book.
(c) It establishes Jack Miles' religious beliefs.
(d) It examines God's law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Bible's first apocalypse recorded?
2. How does God identify himself to Moses?
3. What is another name for the Ten Commandments?
4. On what promise does God make good?
5. What tribe is the only one to survive the exile as an intact entity?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)