|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the problem with enforcing morality in either polytheism or monotheism?
(a) In neither system has it proven guaranteed.
(b) The gods do not care if their followers are moral.
(c) Neither has a moral code.
(d) The humans do not listen to their gods.
2. What is another name for the Ten Commandments?
(a) The Ten Laws.
(b) God's Rules.
(c) The Stone Tablet.
(d) The Decalogue.
3. Many technical studies deal with how the God of Israel arose as a fusion of Semitic deities, but what do they fail to ask?
(a) Of what other cultures was the God of Israel a god?
(b) How did all this feel to God?
(c) How this affected the Jews?
(d) What deities were part of this fusion?
4. In Isaiah God is holy because of what, rather than power?
(a) He is other than man and unknowable.
(b) He is loving.
(c) He is all-knowing.
(d) He has holy water.
5. What Jewish and Christian texts cover the same material?
(a) The Hebrew Bible and the Old Testament.
(b) The Dead Sea Scrolls and the New Testament.
(c) The Dead Sea Scrolls and the Old Testament.
(d) The Hebrew Bible and the New Testament.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Hebrew God different from those of Greek mythology?
2. What is inherently unstable in God?
3. How does God tell Moses to clear Canaan of its natives?
4. When did God appear more wild and thunderous than any time before?
5. Why do the Jew leave the text where it is?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)