|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is God satisfied regarding various nations?
(a) Destroying them.
(b) Ignoring them.
(c) Assimilating them into the Israelite culture.
(d) With manipulating nations like chess pieces.
2. What is the plot of the Tanakh?
(a) To discover where we come from.
(b) God's love for humanity and humanities inabiliy to follow God's laws.
(c) The birth of our world.
(d) God's desiring to have a self-image, struggling with that self-image when it becomes a maker of self-images, and reaching crisis when he tries and fails to conceal his originating motive from a single exemplar of himself.
3. In Isaiah God is holy because of what, rather than power?
(a) He is all-knowing.
(b) He is loving.
(c) He is other than man and unknowable.
(d) He has holy water.
4. Who is the protagonist in the Tanakh?
5. Who are the three major prophets?
(a) Isaac, Joseph, Mark.
(b) John, Jesus, Jacob.
(c) Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel.
(d) Edward, Ishmael, Jesse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do critics and scholars differ?
2. By the time Exodus begins, what has happened to Abraham's descendants?
3. What is understood and not concealed about God?
4. On what promise does God make good?
5. What is inherently unstable in God?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)