|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is God just in the Book of Job?
(a) No, he never claims to be just, only to be almighty.
(b) No, he does not love Job enough to be just.
(c) Yes, he is always a just God.
(d) Yes, Job made a mistake and deserves punishment.
2. What effect does God's decision to take the bet have on Job?
(a) Job loses everyone dear to him.
(b) Job dies.
(c) Job becomes wealthy.
(d) Job loses his wife.
3. What must God do to maintain contact with the remnant that survives destruction?
(a) He must act like a warrior.
(b) He must change himself to accept them as they are.
(c) He must be powerful.
(d) He must change them.
4. Why is God's two-part speech to Job significant?
(a) He and Job come to an agreement at the end.
(b) God apologizes for his actions.
(c) God submits to Job.
(d) These are the last words he speaks in the Tanakh.
5. Which statement is true based on the traditional interpretation of the Book of Job?
(a) Job understands why he must repent.
(b) Job is a sinner but is constantly in denial.
(c) Job consistently trusts that God will vindicate him.
(d) Job knows God will not save him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although God is supremely confident, what does he not seem to do?
2. By the time Exodus begins, what has happened to Abraham's descendants?
3. How is God the loser in the Book of Job?
4. What have skeptics found in the Book of Job?
5. What does God become when Pharaoh legislates that all Israelite boys be killed at birth?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)