|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What premise do Job's friends take?
(a) That God is unjust.
(b) That God is loving.
(c) That God is spiteful.
(d) That God is just.
2. What must God do to maintain contact with the remnant that survives destruction?
(a) He must act like a warrior.
(b) He must be powerful.
(c) He must change himself to accept them as they are.
(d) He must change them.
3. What is the purpose of the second interlude, "Does God Fail?"
(a) It performs a status check on how god has been characterized in the first eleven primarily historical books of the Tanakh, before turning to the prophets and other literary forms.
(b) It interviews various religious authorities on their opinions on whether God has failed them.
(c) It criticises God for all his failures.
(d) It gives proof of God's successes.
4. With what is God satisfied regarding various nations?
(a) Destroying them.
(b) Ignoring them.
(c) Assimilating them into the Israelite culture.
(d) With manipulating nations like chess pieces.
5. What is understood and not concealed about God?
(a) The set of inner contradictions in God.
(b) His opinion of the Book of Esther.
(c) His relationship with Ruth.
(d) His influence on the Prophets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book of the Bible has long been a favorite in literary circles?
2. How is the Bible unique?
3. What have skeptics found in the Book of Job?
4. What god is He compared to after his transformation?
5. What did God stop twice from doing?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)