* Western civilization is built on the belief that God creates humankind in his own image.
* By examining the Bible as a literary biography of God, one can gain insight into the Western ideal of character without having to subscribe to the religious trappings of Judaism or Christianity.
* This book is a wide-ranging study, and Miles uses various literary characters, such as Don Quixote and Hamlet, to compare to the Bible and God's character.
* Humanity reflects the personality and character of God.
* The Hebrew Bible or Tanakh is useful to create a theography, a study independent of both theology and biography.
* Literary characters are approached differently by critics and scholars.
* God: A Biography is written on Aristotle's precept that to understand character, one must connect beginning, middle, and end.
* The Hebrew Bible shows no beginning or end to God, but the middle life is significant and shows...
This section contains 1,523 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)