Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Part One, To Florence Abstract
* The first letter from Maria Celeste to Galileo is presented.
* Reader learns about Maria Celeste's birth and heritage.
* Irony of Bruno's death is discussed.
* The relationship between Galileo and Marina Gamba is discussed.
Part Two, On Bellosguardo Abstract
* Galileo takes his daughters away, leaving Vincenzio with Marina.
* Virginia joins the convent...
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)