|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does the voice at the end of "Faust" come?
2. What scene is being presented in "A Walpurgis Night's Dream"?
(a) The rape of Wendla.
(b) Bel-Imperia's imprisonment.
(c) Titania and Oberon's wedding.
(d) Iphigenia's escape from Tauris.
3. What does Gretchen believe about Mephistopheles?
(a) He needs to go with her to church.
(b) He is Faust's brother.
(c) He is a bad influence on Faust.
(d) He is a wandering soldier.
4. What is the name of Gretchen's friend?
5. Who criticizes the dancing on the mountain?
(b) The Proctophantamist.
(d) The Huckster-Witch.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lieschen, how did Barbara spend her evenings and nights?
2. What is the song about in "A Cathedral"?
3. What is Gretchen attending during "A Cathedral"?
4. What does Mephistopheles mock to Faust after Gretchen leaves in "Martha's Garden?"
5. While dancing with the young one in "Walpurgis Night," what vision does Faust claim to have had?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)