Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does the voice at the end of "Faust" come?
2. What scene is being presented in "A Walpurgis Night's Dream"?
(a) The rape of Wendla.
(b) Bel-Imperia's imprisonment.
(c) Titania and Oberon's wedding.
(d) Iphigenia's escape from Tauris.
3. What does Gretchen believe about Mephistopheles?
(a) He needs to go with her to church.
(b) He is Faust's brother.
(c) He is a bad influence on Faust.
(d) He is a wandering soldier.
4. What is the name of Gretchen's friend?
5. Who criticizes the dancing on the mountain?
(b) The Proctophantamist.
(d) The Huckster-Witch.
6. According to Lieschen, how did Barbara spend her evenings and nights?
(a) Dancing in the woods.
(b) With her mother.
(c) With men.
7. What is the song about in "A Cathedral"?
(a) Jesus raising the dead.
(b) God forgiving the wicked.
(c) God punishing the wicked.
(d) Jesus healing the sick.
8. What is Gretchen attending during "A Cathedral"?
(a) A mass for the dead.
(c) Sunday morning mass.
(d) Lenten rituals.
9. What does Mephistopheles mock to Faust after Gretchen leaves in "Martha's Garden?"
(a) Gretchen's willingness to believe Faust will marry her.
(b) Gretchen's concern for Faust's soul.
(c) Faust's infatuation with Gretchen.
(d) Gretchen's dislike for men.
10. While dancing with the young one in "Walpurgis Night," what vision does Faust claim to have had?
(a) An apple tree with two apples.
(b) A tree being split with lightning
(c) A goat with two heads.
(d) An ocean wave crashing against the rocks.
11. How is most of "A Walpurgis's Night Dream" presented?
(d) Poetry reading.
12. From what play are many of the characters in "A Walpurgis Night's Dream" drawn?
(a) "A Midsummer Night's Dream."
(b) "Iphigenia in Tauris."
(c) "Spring Awakening: A Children's Tragedy."
(d) "The Spanish Tragedy."
13. What does Mephistopheles proclaim to be Gretchen's fate at the end of the play?
(a) She will live her days out in a madhouse.
(b) She will commit suicide.
(c) She will become a martyr for women everywhere.
(d) She is doomed.
14. During "A Forest Cavern," who is Faust addressing in the beginning?
(a) A spirit.
15. What does Faust see around Gretchen's neck in his vision of her in "Walpurgis Night"?
(a) A rope.
(b) A knife cut.
(c) The necklace he gave her.
(d) A chain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What purpose does "A Walpurgis's Night Dream" serve in this play?
2. What is the Huckster-Witch attempting to do during "Walpurgis Night"?
3. While considering Faust's request in "Martha's Garden," of what is Gretchen afraid?
4. How does Valentine currently feel about Gretchen?
5. Why does Mephistopheles not disguise himself amidst the witches on the mountain?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)