Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gretchen's Room, Martha's Garden, and At The Well.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles suggest about Faust's vows of love to Gretchen in "A Street"?
(a) He will be blaspheming.
(b) He will be lying.
(c) He will be sincere.
(d) He will be manipulating Gretchen into doing the same.
2. Fill in the blank: Mephistopheles will serve Faust on Earth if Faust will ___________________.
(a) Renounce God with the intention of having others renounce him as well.
(b) Kill Wagner.
(c) Serve Mephistopheles in hell.
(d) Give up his holy studies.
3. How does Mephistopheles entertain the crowd during "Auerbach's Tavern"?
(a) He sings for them.
(b) He plays piano for them.
(c) He creates illusions for them.
(d) He dances for them.
4. According to Mephistopheles, what must he and Faust do in order for the potion to work?
(a) Sacrifice a white goat.
(b) Keep moving.
(c) Bathe in full moonlight.
(d) Eat a specific herb that can only be seen at midnight.
5. How does Mephistopheles give Martha contradicting statements about her husband in "The Neighbor's House"?
(a) He hints at different times that her husband loved her or did not love her.
(b) He tells her that her husband is dead and then alive.
(c) He tells her that her husband was a great man and a despicable man.
(d) He tells her that her husband was a homosexual, but probably not.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lieschen feel about Barbara?
2. What holiday is being celebrated in "Outside the Town Wall"?
3. What suggestion does Mephistopheles give Gretchen in "The Neighbor's House" in regards to marriage?
4. In "Evening," what does Gretchen admit to herself?
5. What is Faust's reaction to the chorus of spirits in the first scene called "Faust's Study?"
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)