Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Evening, A Promenade, and The Neighbor's House.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mephistopheles, what must he and Faust do in order for the potion to work?
(a) Keep moving.
(b) Sacrifice a white goat.
(c) Bathe in full moonlight.
(d) Eat a specific herb that can only be seen at midnight.
2. Where does "Outside the Town Wall" take place?
(a) The countryside.
(b) The church.
(c) The forest.
(d) The river.
3. What sort of animal approaches Faust and Wagner during the holiday celebration?
(a) A black cat.
(b) A black poodle.
(c) A black rabbit.
(d) A black crow.
4. In regards to their bargain, what does Faust make Mephistopheles agree to before signing the pledge?
(a) Mephistopheles must appear as an animal.
(b) Mephistopheles must pray with him every day.
(c) Mephistopheles must bring Faust pleasure in life.
(d) Mephistopheles must allow Faust to become younger.
5. From where does the witch enter during "A Witch's Kitchen"?
(a) The fireplace.
(b) The chimney.
(c) The cauldron.
(d) The window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles advise Martha to do in terms of grieving her husband?
2. Why does Faust decide to turn to magic use?
3. Why does the witch burn herself on her cauldron?
4. What does Mephistopheles give all the men in the tavern?
5. What interrupts Faust when he tries to commit suicide?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)