Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Witch's Kitchen and A Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effects are had on the men in the tavern due to Mephistopheles's presence?
(a) Three of the men die.
(b) They begin to fall asleep.
(c) They begin to hallucinate.
(d) They begin to speak in tongues.
2. What does Wagner mistakenly believe about the noises he hears from Faust in "Night"?
(a) He believes Faust is having an affair.
(b) He believes Faust's dog is making the noise.
(c) He believes Faust is reading a play.
(d) He believes Faust is trying to play a trick on everyone.
3. What is Faust's method of suicide when he contemplates ending his life?
(b) Gunshot to the head.
(d) Dagger to the heart.
4. What does Faust believe about the mysterious animal that approaches him during "Outside the Town Wall"?
(a) It is an escaped pet.
(b) It is a sign from God.
(c) It is his pet from childhood.
(d) It is an evil spirit.
5. With what does Faust sign his agreement with Mephistopheles?
(a) Mephistopheles's blood.
(b) Ink made up of blood and ash.
(c) Consecrated wine.
(d) His own blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles promise to attempt to secure for Faust in regards to the girl at the end of "A Street?"
2. What does God believe will happen if Mephistopheles meets Faust?
3. After their pact is signed, what doubts does Faust voice to Mephistopheles?
4. Who does Faust initially believe Mephistopheles to be?
5. What does Wagner interrupt when he comes to see Faust in "Night?"
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)