|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Night and Outside the Town Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faust try to deter Wagner from doing with his life?
(a) Following in Faust's footsteps of being a scholar.
(b) Going into the seminary.
(c) Becoming a barrister.
(d) Wasting his life in a pub.
2. Why does Mephistopheles come to God in the "Prologue in Heaven"?
(a) God invited him.
(b) He and God are friends.
(c) He has to ask God for a favor.
(d) He sneaked in behind another angel.
3. How does Mephistopheles feel about mankind?
(a) He feels they are worthy of his attention.
(b) He feels that they are misguided creatures.
(c) He feels as if they are a great amusement.
(d) He looks down upon them.
4. What does Mephistopheles posit to God in relation to Faust?
(a) He can draw Faust away from God.
(b) He can steal Faust's knowledge.
(c) He can manipulate Faust into suicide.
(d) He can guide Faust into sainthood.
5. What is Faust doing in his first appearance in this play?
(a) He is writing a suicide note.
(b) He is reading the Bible.
(c) He is burning his books.
(d) He is reviewing his knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faust believe about the mysterious animal that approaches him during "Outside the Town Wall"?
2. Ultimately, in "Prelude on the Stage," what does the director decide to do with their play?
3. What does Wagner interrupt when he comes to see Faust in "Night?"
4. Where does "Night" take place?
5. During the "Prologue in Heaven," how many archangels are with God?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)