Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the poodle transform into Mephistopheles?
(a) In the next room.
(b) Behind the stove.
(c) In plain sight of Faust.
(d) Under the couch.
2. Where does "Night" take place?
(a) Faust's bedroom.
(b) Faust's kitchen.
(c) Faust's private chapel.
(d) Faust's study.
3. Why is Faust unhappy with his life's work?
(a) He never wanted to be a scholar.
(b) He feels slighted by the academic community.
(c) He no longer believes in his work.
(d) He is neither wealthy or famous.
4. What does Faust try to deter Wagner from doing with his life?
(a) Becoming a barrister.
(b) Following in Faust's footsteps of being a scholar.
(c) Going into the seminary.
(d) Wasting his life in a pub.
5. What does Faust believe about the townspeople he and Wagner walk with during their holiday celebration after his suicide attempt?
(a) The people respect him.
(b) The people are all heretics.
(c) The people are liars.
(d) The people are mocking him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Faust and Mephistopheles at the end of "Auerbach's Tavern"?
2. How does Mephistopheles feel about mankind?
3. What does Faust believe about the mysterious animal that approaches him during "Outside the Town Wall"?
4. What interrupts Faust when he tries to commit suicide?
5. What does Mephistopheles posit to God in relation to Faust?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)