Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Street, A Garden, A Summerhouse, and A Forest Cavern.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Martha admit about the second box of jewelry?
(a) She feels uneasy around the jewelry.
(b) The jewelry is gaudy.
(c) The jewelry is probably heaven-sent.
(d) The jewelry is very likely stolen.
2. How does Mephistopheles entertain the crowd during "Auerbach's Tavern"?
(a) He dances for them.
(b) He plays piano for them.
(c) He sings for them.
(d) He creates illusions for them.
3. What are the men in the tavern about ready to do when Mephistopheles finally stops them?
(a) Attack each other with knives.
(b) Pillage a neighboring village.
(c) Leave for another country.
(d) Commit suicide.
4. From what does the witch read before giving Faust his potion to appear younger?
(a) The Necronomicon.
(b) The Book of Kells.
(c) The Old Testament backwards.
(d) A spellbook.
5. Why does Gretchen believe people tell her that she is beautiful?
(a) She thinks that they are trying to tempt her away from God.
(b) They are attempting to reduce her down to only her physical attributes.
(c) They only want to sleep with her.
(d) They pity her because of her poverty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Faust irrationally jealous in regards to its proximity to Gretchen?
2. Who does Faust initially believe Mephistopheles to be?
3. What is the fate of the box of jewelry when Gretchen shows it to her mother?
4. According to Mephistopheles, why does he have no power over the young girl with whom Faust is obsessed?
5. With what does Faust sign his agreement with Mephistopheles?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)