|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What obstacle do Walter and Phyllis encounter on the train?
2. Who does Lola ask Walter to stop and pick up on the way?
3. What does Walter tell Phyllis?
4. Why does Walter say they cannot disable Mr. Nirdlinger's car for the accident?
5. Who is Phyllis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it that finally makes Walter admit to murdering Nirdlinger?
2. Describe Lola's demeanor when she visits Walter at his office a week later.
3. What do Walter and Phyllis do after they realize that their fate is sealed?
4. What is the happy accident that befalls Mr. Nirdlinger?
5. How do Walter and Phyllis' strained emotions exhibit with each other after the murder?
6. Describe the meeting between Walter and Phyllis.
7. What precipitates Walter's meeting Phyllis Nirdlinger?
8. What is Walter's response to Phyllis' request for an accident policty on her husband?
9. How does Phyllis surprise Walter on the evening after their talk?
10. What happens on the night that Walter plans to kill Phyllis?
Essay Topic 1
The author provides no real history or personal information on Walter. reate a personal history, bio and a glimpse into Walter's lifestyle at the time he met Phyllis.
Essay Topic 2
Is the relationship between Walter and Lola credible? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Keyes. What is his role in Walter's life? What is his role in the book overall?
This section contains 1,719 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)