Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter realize now about Phyllis?
2. Who does Lola ask Walter to stop and pick up on the way?
3. Where does Walter drop off Lola after the meeting?
4. Why is Walter nervous with Lola in the room?
5. Who is Phyllis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Walter's state of mind immediately after the murder and what mistake does he preempt?
2. How do Walter and Phyllis' strained emotions exhibit with each other after the murder?
3. How does Walter find out who Keyes thinks is Phyllis' accomplice?
4. How does Phyllis surprise Walter on the evening after their talk?
5. What information about Sachetti does Walter learn from Lola?
6. What is the next step in Walter and Phyllis' plan after the murder?
7. What are Walter's final preparations before leaving home to commit the murder?
8. What is the biggest logistical problem Walter and Phyllis face regarding the murder?
9. Why does Walter make three visits to Mr. Nirdlinger?
10. Who is Mr. Sachetti?
Essay Topic 1
Keyes is obviously the voice of reason throughout the story. Does the author create him as a sympathetic character, or is he always an irritant to both the reader and the characters in the story? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Is the relationship between Walter and Lola credible? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The story illustrates how evil thoughts lead to evil deeds. Why is Walter a prime candidate to take part in the crime? What is the lethal combination that lures him to make this decision?
This section contains 1,121 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)