|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phyllis ask Walter about?
2. Who is Keyes?
3. What do Walter and Phyllis do with Mr. Nirdlinger's body?
4. What does Walter tell Phyllis?
5. Why does Walter insist on listening to the radio?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Walter call his office that night looking for a rate book?
2. What is the next step in Walter and Phyllis' plan after the murder?
3. What are Walter's final preparations before leaving home to commit the murder?
4. What are the circumstances leading up to Walter and Phyllis agreeing to kill Mr. Nirdlinger?
5. What favor does Lola ask of Walter on behalf of her boyfriend?
6. How does Walter answer Phyllis regarding accident policies?
7. What metaphor does Phyllis use to describe herself?
8. What is the happy accident that befalls Mr. Nirdlinger?
9. How does the author use foreshadowing in this chapter?
10. What precipitates Walter's meeting Phyllis Nirdlinger?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the point of view in this novel. From whose perspective is the story told? Cite some examples that validate your position.
Essay Topic 2
The author provides no real history or personal information on Walter. reate a personal history, bio and a glimpse into Walter's lifestyle at the time he met Phyllis.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Walter have a change of heart regarding Phyllis? What enters into the relationship that makes her repugnant to him? Explain.
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)