Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter realize now about Phyllis?
2. Who does Lola ask Walter to stop and pick up on the way?
3. Where does Walter drop off Lola after the meeting?
4. Why is Walter nervous with Lola in the room?
5. Who is Phyllis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Walter's state of mind immediately after the murder and what mistake does he preempt?
2. How do Walter and Phyllis' strained emotions exhibit with each other after the murder?
3. How does Walter find out who Keyes thinks is Phyllis' accomplice?
4. How does Phyllis surprise Walter on the evening after their talk?
5. What information about Sachetti does Walter learn from Lola?
6. What is the next step in Walter and Phyllis' plan after the murder?
7. What are Walter's final preparations before leaving home to commit the murder?
8. What is the biggest logistical problem Walter and Phyllis face regarding the murder?
9. Why does Walter make three visits to Mr. Nirdlinger?
10. Who is Mr. Sachetti?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the symbolism of Walter's using the crutch to kill Mr. Nirdlinger. What does this choice show about Walter? Why did the author choose the crutch when there are so many other options available to Walter?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Walter and Phyllis. What qualities does each bring to the scenario to commit the "perfect murder?"
Essay Topic 3
Explain Phyllis' personal history. What else is in her background that shows an evil character? Why does she behave the way she does?
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)