Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter realize now about Phyllis?
2. Who does Lola ask Walter to stop and pick up on the way?
3. Where does Walter drop off Lola after the meeting?
4. Why is Walter nervous with Lola in the room?
5. Who is Phyllis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Walter's state of mind immediately after the murder and what mistake does he preempt?
2. How do Walter and Phyllis' strained emotions exhibit with each other after the murder?
3. How does Walter find out who Keyes thinks is Phyllis' accomplice?
4. How does Phyllis surprise Walter on the evening after their talk?
5. What information about Sachetti does Walter learn from Lola?
6. What is the next step in Walter and Phyllis' plan after the murder?
7. What are Walter's final preparations before leaving home to commit the murder?
8. What is the biggest logistical problem Walter and Phyllis face regarding the murder?
9. Why does Walter make three visits to Mr. Nirdlinger?
10. Who is Mr. Sachetti?
Walter and Phyllis spend most of their time avoiding being caught for their crime. Do you think they ever felt remorse for what they did? Explain.
Keyes is obviously the voice of reason throughout the story. Does the author create him as a sympathetic character, or is he always an irritant to both the reader and the characters in the story? Explain.
The author provides no real history or personal information on Walter. reate a personal history, bio and a glimpse into Walter's lifestyle at the time he met Phyllis.
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)