|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Phyllis carrying as she approaches Walter?
2. Who does Phyllis give the items to at the train station?
3. When does Phyllis return to Walter's house?
4. What does Phyllis tell Walter?
5. What is Walter's worry about his work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What metaphor does Phyllis use to describe herself?
2. What does Walter do when he returns home after the murder?
3. Describe the final challenge Walter and Phyllis face in completing their facade?
4. What are the circumstances leading up to Walter and Phyllis agreeing to kill Mr. Nirdlinger?
5. What are Walter's final preparations before leaving home to commit the murder?
6. What activities does Walter follow to begin to set up his alibi on the day the murder is to take place?
7. What do Walter and Phyllis do with Mr. Nirdlinger's body?
8. How does Walter answer Phyllis regarding accident policies?
9. Who does Phyllis bring in as a witness to the paper signing and why is Walter upset by her choice?
10. Describe the meeting between Walter and Phyllis.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Keyes. What is his role in Walter's life? What is his role in the book overall?
Essay Topic 2
Is the relationship between Walter and Lola credible? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Walter and Phyllis. What qualities does each bring to the scenario to commit the "perfect murder?"
This section contains 1,221 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)