|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method of transportation does Mr. Nirdlinger use primarily?
2. What are Phyllis and Walter discussing when she abruptly changes the subject?
(a) The holiday
(b) The latest movies
(c) Auto insurance policy
3. What is Phyllis carrying as she approaches Walter?
(a) Her husband's glasses
(b) Her husband's crutches
(c) Her husband's body
(d) Her husband's suitcase
4. Where is Mr. Nirdlinger's class reunion to be held?
(a) San Diego
(b) Los Angeles
(c) San Jose
(d) Palo Alto
5. What does Walter do on the day of Mr. Nirdlinger's scheduled departure?
(a) Goes fishing
(b) Works on his alibi
(c) Takes a nap
(d) Buys a new suit
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the insurance company think about Mr. Nirdlinger?
2. Who does Lola ask Walter to stop and pick up on the way?
3. What does Phyllis tell Walter when he comes for his second visit?
4. What does Keyes pass along to Walter?
5. What does Phyllis tell Walter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What precipitates Walter's meeting Phyllis Nirdlinger?
2. How does Walter answer Phyllis regarding accident policies?
3. What is the happy accident that befalls Mr. Nirdlinger?
4. Why does Walter call his office that night looking for a rate book?
5. Why does Walter start to panic after he jumps off the train?
6. From what point of view is this story told?
7. What are the reasons that Walter would agree to help Phyllis kill her husband?
8. Who is Keyes?
9. How does Phyllis initiate the idea of an accident policy on her husband?
10. What activities does Walter follow to begin to set up his alibi on the day the murder is to take place?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)