|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes it difficult to board a train unnoticed?
(a) Too much luggage
(b) Inclement weather
(c) Being on crutches
(d) Too many passengers
2. What is Phyllis carrying as she approaches Walter?
(a) Her husband's body
(b) Her husband's crutches
(c) Her husband's glasses
(d) Her husband's suitcase
3. What beverage does Phyllis offer Walter?
4. What does Walter tell Phyllis?
(a) He wants to marry her
(b) He never wants to see her again
(c) Her policy has been denied
(d) She is going to arrange an accident to kill her husband
5. What does Phyllis ask Walter about?
(a) A tax return
(b) Her will
(c) A medical procedure
(d) Accident insurance
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Phyllis?
2. Which method do Walter and Phyllis decide for the murder?
3. What does Walter actually do after Phyllis' plea?
4. What is Walter's worry about his work?
5. What does Walter remember for another customer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Walter call his office that night looking for a rate book?
2. What is the next step in Walter and Phyllis' plan after the murder?
3. What precipitates Walter's meeting Phyllis Nirdlinger?
4. Describe the scenario where Walter kills Mr. Nirdlinger.
5. What is the biggest logistical problem Walter and Phyllis face regarding the murder?
6. Describe the meeting between Walter and Phyllis.
7. What is the happy accident that befalls Mr. Nirdlinger?
8. How does Phyllis initiate the idea of an accident policy on her husband?
9. How does Walter answer Phyllis regarding accident policies?
10. What are Walter's final preparations before leaving home to commit the murder?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)