|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walter remember for another customer?
(a) Revising a tax return
(b) Auto Policy renewal
(c) Updating a will
(d) Medication refill
2. What beverage does Phyllis offer Walter?
3. What is Phyllis' plea to Walter?
(a) That she can take out an accident policy on her husband
(b) That he take her away from her life
(c) That he kiss her
(d) That he help her change her will
4. What does Walter ask the person to find during the phone call?
(a) A train schedule
(b) A rate book
(c) A movie schedule
(d) A payment history
5. What does Walter contemplate that night at home?
(a) His health
(b) His attraction to Phyllis
(c) A career change
(d) His golf game
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Walter nervous with Lola in the room?
2. Who observes as Walter and Mr. Nirdlinger discuss the papers?
3. Who observes Walter's preparations for bed at 6:45 p.m.?
4. What does Walter stop Phyllis from discarding?
5. Why does Walter come to the Nirdlinger residence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the final challenge Walter and Phyllis face in completing their facade?
2. What is the news about the murder in the paper the next morning?
3. What do Walter and Phyllis do with Mr. Nirdlinger's body?
4. How does Phyllis initiate the idea of an accident policy on her husband?
5. What are the terms of the deal that Keyes presents to Walter?
6. What realization does Walter come to when he sees Phyllis on board?
7. How does the author use foreshadowing in this chapter?
8. What is the biggest logistical problem Walter and Phyllis face regarding the murder?
9. What precipitates Walter's meeting Phyllis Nirdlinger?
10. What does Phyllis do after the insurance company denies liability for the accident claim?
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)