|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walter use to create a harness?
(a) Rope and iron handle
(d) Leather straps
2. Why is Walter nervous with Lola in the room?
(a) She is too young to be involved
(b) She is very attractive
(c) He is uncomfortable considering the plan to kill her father
(d) She is very outspoken
3. What makes it difficult to board a train unnoticed?
(a) Too much luggage
(b) Inclement weather
(c) Being on crutches
(d) Too many passengers
4. Who is the customer that Walter remembers?
(a) Mr. Newcomb
(b) Mr. Nidrlinger
(c) Mr. Nevins
(d) Mr. Newhouse
5. At what time is Mr. Nirdlinger's train scheduled to leave?
(a) 8:15 p.m.
(b) 10:15 a.m.
(c) 9:45 a.m.
(d) 9:45 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Phyllis react to Walter's coaching her about how to react?
2. What is Phyllis' demeanor during this time?
3. What is Phyllis' plea to Walter?
4. What does Phyllis tell Walter?
5. Where is Mr. Nirdlinger's body left while Walter and Phyllis go to the train station?
Short Essay Questions
1. What favor does Lola ask of Walter on behalf of her boyfriend?
2. Why does Walter call his office that night looking for a rate book?
3. What is the next step in Walter and Phyllis' plan after the murder?
4. Who does Phyllis bring in as a witness to the paper signing and why is Walter upset by her choice?
5. Describe the final challenge Walter and Phyllis face in completing their facade?
6. What is Walter's second main concern related to the murder?
7. What does Walter do when he returns home after the murder?
8. What is the happy accident that befalls Mr. Nirdlinger?
9. Who is Keyes?
10. How does Phyllis initiate the idea of an accident policy on her husband?
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)