|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beverage does Phyllis offer Walter?
2. What does Phyllis do to prevent all the porters from looking too closely at Walter?
(a) Creates a distraction by pulling up her stockings
(b) Rushes ahead to tip one of the porters
(c) Dumps the contents of her purse
(d) Retreats into the station
3. What does Phyllis use to get her way?
(d) Sense of humor
4. Why does Walter come to the Nirdlinger residence?
(a) To advise Phyllis on her will
(b) To have Mr. Nirdlinger sign the accident policy
(c) To make love to Phyllis
(d) To shoot Mr. Nirdlinger
5. What does Walter swindle Mr. Nirdlinger into doing?
(a) Buying three policies
(b) Buying him an airline ticket
(c) Writing two checks
(d) Revising his will
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pays Mr. Nirdlinger's auto insurance?
2. Why does Walter insist on listening to the radio?
3. Where is Mr. Nirdlinger's body left while Walter and Phyllis go to the train station?
4. What does Phyllis tell Walter before he leaves?
5. Why does Walter need a harness?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Walter answer Phyllis regarding accident policies?
2. Describe the scenario where Walter kills Mr. Nirdlinger.
3. Why does Walter's secretary, Nettie, call him at home that morning?
4. Describe the meeting between Walter and Phyllis.
5. What are the preliminary investigative results about the case?
6. What are the circumstances leading up to Walter and Phyllis agreeing to kill Mr. Nirdlinger?
7. How do Walter and Phyllis' strained emotions exhibit with each other after the murder?
8. What suspicious information does Lola give to Walter?
9. What are the reasons that Walter would agree to help Phyllis kill her husband?
10. What is Walter's state of mind immediately after the murder and what mistake does he preempt?
This section contains 1,257 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)