|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phyllis tell Walter when he comes for his second visit?
(a) She has a doctor's appointment in an hour
(b) She has given the maid the day off
(c) She is thinking of divorcing her husband
(d) She is planning an anniversary party
2. Why does Walter say he wants to help Phyllis?
3. What method of transportation does Mr. Nirdlinger use primarily?
4. What does Phyllis tell Walter before he leaves?
(a) She wants to divorce her husband
(b) She'll let him know when he can return
(c) She wants to have an affair
(d) She loves him
5. What does Phyllis ask Walter about?
(a) A tax return
(b) A medical procedure
(c) Her will
(d) Accident insurance
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter ask the person to find during the phone call?
2. Who does Lola ask Walter to stop and pick up on the way?
3. What is Phyllis' ulterior motive for having Lola in the room?
4. What does Walter use to create a harness?
5. What does Phyllis do after Walter's accusation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Walter answer Phyllis regarding accident policies?
2. How does the author use foreshadowing in this chapter?
3. How do Walter and Phyllis' strained emotions exhibit with each other after the murder?
4. Why does Walter make three visits to Mr. Nirdlinger?
5. What is Walter's response to Phyllis' request for an accident policty on her husband?
6. What are the circumstances leading up to Walter and Phyllis agreeing to kill Mr. Nirdlinger?
7. What activities does Walter follow to begin to set up his alibi on the day the murder is to take place?
8. What are Walter's final preparations before leaving home to commit the murder?
9. Who does Phyllis bring in as a witness to the paper signing and why is Walter upset by her choice?
10. Why does Walter start to panic after he jumps off the train?
This section contains 1,247 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)