|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Walter's first thought to Phyllis' plea?
(a) Sleep on it
(b) Pass it on to his colleagues
(c) Refuse and offer an alternative
(d) Leave immediately
2. What do Walter and Phyllis do with Mr. Nirdlinger's body?
(a) Set it on fire
(b) Dump it in the middle of a road
(c) Bury it in a shallow grave
(d) Dump it beside the track
3. What does Walter do when he dresses?
(a) Makes a fake leg cast
(b) Steams his jacket
(c) Uses a lint brush
(d) Presses his pants again
4. Who does Walter call from his home to complete his alibi?
(b) Another insurance agent
(d) His mother
5. What does Walter focus on?
(a) An alibi
(b) A new career
(c) An affair with Lola
(d) A move to a new city
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Walter feel for the way he responds to Phyllis?
2. What is Walter obsessed with avoiding?
3. What does Walter actually do after Phyllis' plea?
4. What does Walter do after he jumps off the train?
5. What beverage does Phyllis offer Walter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Walter and Phyllis do with Mr. Nirdlinger's body?
2. Who is Keyes?
3. What is Walter's second main concern related to the murder?
4. What activities does Walter follow to begin to set up his alibi on the day the murder is to take place?
5. What metaphor does Phyllis use to describe herself?
6. Why does Walter call his office that night looking for a rate book?
7. How do Walter and Phyllis' strained emotions exhibit with each other after the murder?
8. How does the author use foreshadowing in this chapter?
9. How does Walter answer Phyllis regarding accident policies?
10. What do Walter and Phyllis do to make sure Walter is not inspected too closely by anyone at the train station?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)