|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walter ask the person to find during the phone call?
(a) A train schedule
(b) A rate book
(c) A payment history
(d) A movie schedule
2. Who does Walter meet at the customer's house?
(a) The son
(b) The gardener
(c) The maid
(d) The daughter
3. What does Phyllis use to get her way?
(d) Sense of humor
4. Why does Walter snap at Phyllis in the car?
(a) She dropped her scarf by the tracks
(b) She is wearing perfume that could have rubbed off on the body
(c) She ran a red light
(d) She doesn't have her gloves on
5. Why does Walter say they cannot disable Mr. Nirdlinger's car for the accident?
(a) Walter does not want to leave fingerprints
(b) Walter does not know how to do that
(c) Walter does not want to arouse any suspicions
(d) The plan involves Walter using the car
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Walter's first thought to Phyllis' plea?
2. What does Walter tell Phyllis?
3. Who is the customer that Walter remembers?
4. What is Walter's spot to jump off the train?
5. What does Walter tell Phyllis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Walter start to panic after he jumps off the train?
2. What is Walter's main concern after he tells Keyes about killing Nirdlinger?
3. What does Lola tell Walter about Sachetti that makes him suspicious?
4. What reinforces Lola's love for Sachetti?
5. What is the news about the murder in the paper the next morning?
6. How does Walter find out who Keyes thinks is Phyllis' accomplice?
7. What are the preliminary investigative results about the case?
8. What activities does Walter follow to begin to set up his alibi on the day the murder is to take place?
9. What realization does Walter come to when he sees Phyllis on board?
10. From what point of view is this story told?
This section contains 1,186 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)