|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears at Walter's house during a rain storm?
(b) His landlord
(c) His neighbor
2. What does Walter try to anticipate?
(a) How the authorities will investigate the crime
(b) Getting a new job
(c) Where he and Phyllis will live
(d) Marrying Phyllis
3. What happens after Walter hangs up the phone?
(a) He eats dinner
(b) He vomits
(c) He takes a shower
(d) He listens to the radio
4. What does Walter hear as he crouches in the dark?
(a) Panting and footsteps
(b) Children playing
(c) Dogs barking
(d) Music from a bar
5. What has Walter done that Keyes looks favorably on him?
(a) Volunteers at the hospital every week
(b) Helped him move to a new house last month
(c) Donates blood every three months
(d) Clipped a note to a potential problem application
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mr. Nirdlinger's body left while Walter and Phyllis go to the train station?
2. What does Walter do at 4:00 on the day of Mr. Nirdlinger's scheduled departure?
3. What is Phyllis' ulterior motive for having Lola in the room?
4. Why does Walter need a harness?
5. What does Walter tell Phyllis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Walter start to panic after he jumps off the train?
2. What is Walter's response to Phyllis' request for an accident policty on her husband?
3. What is Walter's second main concern related to the murder?
4. Describe the final challenge Walter and Phyllis face in completing their facade?
5. What do Walter and Phyllis do with Mr. Nirdlinger's body?
6. Who is Keyes?
7. How does Walter answer Phyllis regarding accident policies?
8. Describe the meeting between Walter and Phyllis.
9. What are Walter's final preparations before leaving home to commit the murder?
10. Who does Phyllis bring in as a witness to the paper signing and why is Walter upset by her choice?
This section contains 1,118 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)