|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mr. Nirdlinger's body left while Walter and Phyllis go to the train station?
(a) In a ditch
(b) In a cave
(c) In a hole
(d) In the locked car
2. What happens after Walter hangs up the phone?
(a) He takes a shower
(b) He eats dinner
(c) He listens to the radio
(d) He vomits
3. What happens that forces Mr. Nirdlinger to take the train?
(a) He breaks his ankle
(b) He breaks his arm
(c) The car is in for service
(d) The car is wrecked
4. What does Walter contemplate that night at home?
(a) His health
(b) His golf game
(c) A career change
(d) His attraction to Phyllis
5. Phyllis is attractive, but sort of _____________.
(d) Washed-out looking
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter actually do after Phyllis' plea?
2. Who is Keyes?
3. Who has Phyllis selected as a witness?
4. What does Phyllis tell Walter?
5. How does Walter feel for the way he responds to Phyllis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the circumstances leading up to Walter and Phyllis agreeing to kill Mr. Nirdlinger?
2. What does Walter do when he returns home after the murder?
3. Who is Mr. Sachetti?
4. What is Walter's state of mind immediately after the murder and what mistake does he preempt?
5. Who does Phyllis bring in as a witness to the paper signing and why is Walter upset by her choice?
6. Why does Walter make three visits to Mr. Nirdlinger?
7. What is the biggest logistical problem Walter and Phyllis face regarding the murder?
8. How does the author use foreshadowing in this chapter?
9. What metaphor does Phyllis use to describe herself?
10. What precipitates Walter's meeting Phyllis Nirdlinger?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)