Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walter realize now about Phyllis?
(a) She could also have him killed
(b) He never wants to see her again
(c) She is going to turn him in
(d) He is madly in love with her
2. Who does Lola ask Walter to stop and pick up on the way?
(a) Her best friend, Angie
(b) Her tutor, Gary
(c) Her boyfriend, Mr. Sachetti
(d) Her tennis instructor, Mr. Sargenti
3. Where does Walter drop off Lola after the meeting?
(a) The movie theatre
(b) The tennis courts
(c) The coffee shop
(d) The skating rink
4. Why is Walter nervous with Lola in the room?
(a) She is too young to be involved
(b) She is very outspoken
(c) He is uncomfortable considering the plan to kill her father
(d) She is very attractive
5. Who is Phyllis?
(a) His partner
(b) His wife
(c) The customer's wife
(d) His sister
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter ask the person to find during the phone call?
2. Who pays Mr. Nirdlinger's auto insurance?
3. What is Phyllis' ulterior motive for having Lola in the room?
4. What is Walter obsessed with avoiding?
5. What does Walter hear as he crouches in the dark?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Walter's state of mind immediately after the murder and what mistake does he preempt?
2. How do Walter and Phyllis' strained emotions exhibit with each other after the murder?
3. How does Walter find out who Keyes thinks is Phyllis' accomplice?
4. How does Phyllis surprise Walter on the evening after their talk?
5. What information about Sachetti does Walter learn from Lola?
6. What is the next step in Walter and Phyllis' plan after the murder?
7. What are Walter's final preparations before leaving home to commit the murder?
8. What is the biggest logistical problem Walter and Phyllis face regarding the murder?
9. Why does Walter make three visits to Mr. Nirdlinger?
10. Who is Mr. Sachetti?
This section contains 1,140 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)