|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walter burn in the fireplace when he returns home?
(a) The fake cast
(b) The insurance policy
(c) The map to Palo Alto
(d) The train ticket
2. Why does Walter need a harness?
(a) To move some rocks
(b) To dispose of the body
(c) To ride a donkey
(d) To tame a stallion
3. What does Walter actually do after Phyllis' plea?
(a) Kisses her
(b) Slaps her
(c) Makes a phone call
(d) Leaves the house
4. Who does Lola ask Walter to stop and pick up on the way?
(a) Her best friend, Angie
(b) Her tutor, Gary
(c) Her tennis instructor, Mr. Sargenti
(d) Her boyfriend, Mr. Sachetti
5. What is Phyllis' ulterior motive for having Lola in the room?
(a) To make Walter nervous
(b) To hear the discussion about the accident policy
(c) To teach her to knit
(d) To keep an eye on her
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Walter's spot to jump off the train?
2. What does Walter try to anticipate?
3. Why does Walter say he wants to help Phyllis?
4. What does Walter think before making a return call?
5. Who does Walter learn has called him at the office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the final challenge Walter and Phyllis face in completing their facade?
2. What activities does Walter follow to begin to set up his alibi on the day the murder is to take place?
3. Who is Keyes?
4. What are the reasons that Walter would agree to help Phyllis kill her husband?
5. Describe the meeting between Walter and Phyllis.
6. How does Phyllis initiate the idea of an accident policy on her husband?
7. How does the author use foreshadowing in this chapter?
8. Who is Mr. Sachetti?
9. What precipitates Walter's meeting Phyllis Nirdlinger?
10. Why does Walter call his office that night looking for a rate book?
This section contains 1,151 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)