|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Phyllis carrying as she approaches Walter?
(a) Her husband's suitcase
(b) Her husband's body
(c) Her husband's glasses
(d) Her husband's crutches
2. What does Walter tell Phyllis?
(a) Her policy has been denied
(b) She is going to arrange an accident to kill her husband
(c) He never wants to see her again
(d) He wants to marry her
3. What does Keyes want to talk to Walter about?
(a) A customer who torched a truck
(b) His golf game
(c) His will
(d) His new girlfriend
4. What happens after Walter hangs up the phone?
(a) He listens to the radio
(b) He takes a shower
(c) He eats dinner
(d) He vomits
5. Who does Lola ask Walter to stop and pick up on the way?
(a) Her boyfriend, Mr. Sachetti
(b) Her tutor, Gary
(c) Her best friend, Angie
(d) Her tennis instructor, Mr. Sargenti
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Phyllis' demeanor during this time?
2. Where does Mr. Nirdlinger work?
3. What does Walter use to break Mr. Nirdlinger's neck?
4. What is Walter's first thought to Phyllis' plea?
5. Who does Walter place a phone call to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scenario where Walter kills Mr. Nirdlinger.
2. What do Walter and Phyllis do with Mr. Nirdlinger's body?
3. What metaphor does Phyllis use to describe herself?
4. Why does Walter call his office that night looking for a rate book?
5. Why does Walter make three visits to Mr. Nirdlinger?
6. What favor does Lola ask of Walter on behalf of her boyfriend?
7. Describe the final challenge Walter and Phyllis face in completing their facade?
8. What does Walter do when he returns home after the murder?
9. What activities does Walter follow to begin to set up his alibi on the day the murder is to take place?
10. What is Walter's state of mind immediately after the murder and what mistake does he preempt?
This section contains 1,157 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)