|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes it difficult to board a train unnoticed?
(a) Too many passengers
(b) Inclement weather
(c) Too much luggage
(d) Being on crutches
2. What is Phyllis' ulterior motive for having Lola in the room?
(a) To teach her to knit
(b) To hear the discussion about the accident policy
(c) To make Walter nervous
(d) To keep an eye on her
3. Where does Walter drop off Lola after the meeting?
(a) The skating rink
(b) The coffee shop
(c) The movie theatre
(d) The tennis courts
4. What does Walter realize now about Phyllis?
(a) She is going to turn him in
(b) She could also have him killed
(c) He is madly in love with her
(d) He never wants to see her again
5. Why does Walter snap at Phyllis in the car?
(a) She doesn't have her gloves on
(b) She is wearing perfume that could have rubbed off on the body
(c) She dropped her scarf by the tracks
(d) She ran a red light
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time is Mr. Nirdlinger's train scheduled to leave?
2. Why does Walter need a harness?
3. What is Phyllis' demeanor during this time?
4. What does Walter stop Phyllis from discarding?
5. Where is Walter headed when he remembers something for another customer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Walter make three visits to Mr. Nirdlinger?
2. How does Phyllis initiate the idea of an accident policy on her husband?
3. What precipitates Walter's meeting Phyllis Nirdlinger?
4. What metaphor does Phyllis use to describe herself?
5. What is the next step in Walter and Phyllis' plan after the murder?
6. Describe the scenario where Walter kills Mr. Nirdlinger.
7. Who is Mr. Sachetti?
8. What activities does Walter follow to begin to set up his alibi on the day the murder is to take place?
9. Describe Walter's state of mind while waiting for the time to kill Mr. Nirdlinger arrives.
10. What is the happy accident that befalls Mr. Nirdlinger?
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)