|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walter stuff into his coat?
(a) Rope and an iron rod
(b) Train ticket
(c) Insurance policy
2. Who is Phyllis?
(a) The customer's wife
(b) His partner
(c) His wife
(d) His sister
3. What does Walter do after he jumps off the train?
(a) Phones a friend to come get him
(b) Stops at a bar for a drink
(c) Crouches between two sets of tracks
(d) Drives away in his car
4. What is Walter obsessed with avoiding?
(a) The influenza virus
(b) His landlord
(c) Discovery and capture
(d) His ex-wife
5. What does Phyllis tell Walter before he leaves?
(a) She loves him
(b) She wants to have an affair
(c) She'll let him know when he can return
(d) She wants to divorce her husband
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Walter have dinner?
2. What does Keyes want to talk to Walter about?
3. Why does Walter say he wants to help Phyllis?
4. What does Walter do when he dresses?
5. Who does Lola ask Walter to stop and pick up on the way?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Walter and Phyllis do to make sure Walter is not inspected too closely by anyone at the train station?
2. How does the author use foreshadowing in this chapter?
3. What is the biggest logistical problem Walter and Phyllis face regarding the murder?
4. What does Walter do when he returns home after the murder?
5. What are Walter's final preparations before leaving home to commit the murder?
6. What is Walter's second main concern related to the murder?
7. What favor does Lola ask of Walter on behalf of her boyfriend?
8. What is the next step in Walter and Phyllis' plan after the murder?
9. Describe the final challenge Walter and Phyllis face in completing their facade?
10. What is Walter's state of mind immediately after the murder and what mistake does he preempt?
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)