|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phyllis tell Walter when she calls him?
(a) She has the flu
(b) She is leaving town
(c) Mr. Nirdlinger is wearing a blue suit
(d) Lola has run away
2. What does Walter tell Phyllis?
(a) She is going to arrange an accident to kill her husband
(b) Her policy has been denied
(c) He never wants to see her again
(d) He wants to marry her
3. Why does Walter need a harness?
(a) To tame a stallion
(b) To ride a donkey
(c) To dispose of the body
(d) To move some rocks
4. Who has Phyllis selected as a witness?
(a) The maid
(b) The gardener
(c) The family attorney
(d) Her stepdaughter, Lola
5. What does Walter focus on?
(a) A new career
(b) An alibi
(c) A move to a new city
(d) An affair with Lola
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Walter's first thought to Phyllis' plea?
2. What does Walter use to create a harness?
3. Where does Walter drop off Lola after the meeting?
4. How does Phyllis react to Walter's coaching her about how to react?
5. Where does Mr. Nirdlinger work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mr. Sachetti?
2. What are the reasons that Walter would agree to help Phyllis kill her husband?
3. How does the author use foreshadowing in this chapter?
4. How does Phyllis surprise Walter on the evening after their talk?
5. Describe the meeting between Walter and Phyllis.
6. What metaphor does Phyllis use to describe herself?
7. What does Walter do when he returns home after the murder?
8. Describe the final challenge Walter and Phyllis face in completing their facade?
9. Who does Phyllis bring in as a witness to the paper signing and why is Walter upset by her choice?
10. What do Walter and Phyllis do with Mr. Nirdlinger's body?
This section contains 1,249 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)