|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What obstacle do Walter and Phyllis encounter on the train?
(a) A chatty passenger on the rear platform
(b) Walter's crutches hit an old woman
(c) There are no seats
(d) There is no smoking allowed
2. Which method do Walter and Phyllis decide for the murder?
(a) Swimming pool accident
(b) Train accident
(c) Boating accident
3. Where does Mr. Nirdlinger work?
(b) Oil fields
(c) Governor's office
4. What does Keyes pass along to Walter?
(a) A betting tip
(b) A compliment
(c) A few cigars
(d) A stock tip
5. What does Phyllis tell Walter when she calls him?
(a) Lola has run away
(b) Mr. Nirdlinger is wearing a blue suit
(c) She has the flu
(d) She is leaving town
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Walter drop off Lola after the meeting?
2. Who observes as Walter and Mr. Nirdlinger discuss the papers?
3. Who pays Mr. Nirdlinger's auto insurance?
4. What does Phyllis tell Walter when he comes for his second visit?
5. What does Walter remember for another customer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Phyllis surprise Walter on the evening after their talk?
2. What is the happy accident that befalls Mr. Nirdlinger?
3. Why does Walter start to panic after he jumps off the train?
4. What are the circumstances leading up to Walter and Phyllis agreeing to kill Mr. Nirdlinger?
5. Why does Walter make three visits to Mr. Nirdlinger?
6. What is Walter's response to Phyllis' request for an accident policty on her husband?
7. What is the next step in Walter and Phyllis' plan after the murder?
8. What does Walter do when he returns home after the murder?
9. What do Walter and Phyllis do to make sure Walter is not inspected too closely by anyone at the train station?
10. Who is Mr. Sachetti?
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)