|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walter tell Phyllis?
(a) He thinks she is the most beautiful woman he has ever seen
(b) He wants her to leave his house
(c) He is going to help her kill her husband
(d) He wants to marry her
2. With what article of clothing does Phyllis flirt with Walter?
3. Where is Mr. Nirdlinger's class reunion to be held?
(a) Palo Alto
(b) Los Angeles
(c) San Diego
(d) San Jose
4. What does Lola caution Walter about?
(a) Not to get involved with Phyllis
(b) Not to take the interstate home
(c) Not to flirt with her anymore
(d) Not to tell her family about her boyfriend
5. At what time is Mr. Nirdlinger's train scheduled to leave?
(a) 9:45 a.m.
(b) 9:45 p.m.
(c) 10:15 a.m.
(d) 8:15 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Phyllis and Walter discussing when she abruptly changes the subject?
2. What does Phyllis tell Walter when he comes for his second visit?
3. What do Walter and Phyllis do with Mr. Nirdlinger's body?
4. For what characteristic is Walter known?
5. What is Walter Huff's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Walter's final preparations before leaving home to commit the murder?
2. How does Walter answer Phyllis regarding accident policies?
3. What are the circumstances leading up to Walter and Phyllis agreeing to kill Mr. Nirdlinger?
4. Who is Keyes?
5. What is the next step in Walter and Phyllis' plan after the murder?
6. How does the author use foreshadowing in this chapter?
7. Describe the final challenge Walter and Phyllis face in completing their facade?
8. Why does Walter call his office that night looking for a rate book?
9. From what point of view is this story told?
10. Describe the meeting between Walter and Phyllis.
This section contains 1,118 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)