|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phyllis ask Walter about?
(a) Her will
(b) Accident insurance
(c) A medical procedure
(d) A tax return
2. What does Walter hear as he crouches in the dark?
(a) Music from a bar
(b) Dogs barking
(c) Children playing
(d) Panting and footsteps
3. What does Lola caution Walter about?
(a) Not to take the interstate home
(b) Not to tell her family about her boyfriend
(c) Not to flirt with her anymore
(d) Not to get involved with Phyllis
4. Why does Walter snap at Phyllis in the car?
(a) She is wearing perfume that could have rubbed off on the body
(b) She dropped her scarf by the tracks
(c) She ran a red light
(d) She doesn't have her gloves on
5. What is Walter's spot to jump off the train?
(a) A red barn
(b) A water tower
(c) A dairy sign
(d) A church
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Keyes want to talk to Walter about?
2. Who has Phyllis selected as a witness?
3. What does Phyllis tell Lola she needs help with?
4. Why does Walter insist on listening to the radio?
5. What happens after Walter hangs up the phone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the meeting between Walter and Phyllis.
2. What favor does Lola ask of Walter on behalf of her boyfriend?
3. Who is Mr. Sachetti?
4. How does Phyllis initiate the idea of an accident policy on her husband?
5. Describe the scenario where Walter kills Mr. Nirdlinger.
6. What do Walter and Phyllis do to make sure Walter is not inspected too closely by anyone at the train station?
7. What metaphor does Phyllis use to describe herself?
8. How do Walter and Phyllis' strained emotions exhibit with each other after the murder?
9. What is the biggest logistical problem Walter and Phyllis face regarding the murder?
10. What are the circumstances leading up to Walter and Phyllis agreeing to kill Mr. Nirdlinger?
This section contains 1,205 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)